Unable to delete tags from shared notebooks which have been removed

mcd78

A friend shared his workout notebook with me and after a year I deleted the notebook.  I noticed that all of the tags he had used in the notebook still showed up in my tags.  They don't reference any notes, but when I right click to delete them, it isn't an option.  All of the options are greyed out except "add to shortcuts."  Any idea how I can remove all of these tags?  Thanks

I just checked the web client and the tags don't show up there.  Odd.  By complete sync, do you just mean hitting the sync button in Evernote? I deleted this notebook months ago, so it has been synced many times.  Any ideas?

..and the File > Exit?  Do you start Evernote with your PC,  or do you just sleep the PC so it comes back with all apps loaded and ready to use?

I have done the full close quite a few times, where it asks if you if you want to disable all clippping functionality.  I also turn off my pc daily.  

• Level 5*

You may need a database refresh - do you have any local notebooks? Any unsynced notes?  If not,  the easy way to do this is to exit Evernote completely (File > Exit) and then rename the current EXB file.  When you next open Evernote the full database will be downloaded from the server.  After that you should have lost the extra tags!

Downloading the database takes a little while,  depending on how many notes you have.  You'll want to do this when you can give the PC an hour or so to complete restructuring the database.

You may need a database refresh - do you have any local notebooks? Any unsynced notes?  If not,  the easy way to do this is to exit Evernote completely (File > Exit) and then rename the current EXB file.  When you next open Evernote the full database will be downloaded from the server.  After that you should have lost the extra tags!

Downloading the database takes a little while,  depending on how many notes you have.  You'll want to do this when you can give the PC an hour or so to complete restructuring the database.

Ok will, do.  Thanks!  My Evernote has been running slowly lately so hopefully this resolves this issue as well.

Archived