Problem with search on Android

Hi,

I use evernote on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

I have noticed that when I do a search, Evernote gives me only the first 200 notes.

The same search done on my computer desktop gives me 385 notes.

Why?

Best regards,

Luigi Pirozzi

• Level 5*

Hi - there do seem to be inconsistencies between different Evernote client search engines,  perhaps related to the amount of data they're able to process.  I'd suggest you raise a support ticket so Evernote are aware,  and in the meantime,  you could search on the desktop and Select All your results,  and then Tag with something relevant.  A tag search on the Note will then find all the necessary hits.

• Level 5*

Support work weekdays only,  so your ticket may be only a couple of 'business days' old.  Support,  we know,  are a "little busy" at the moment and I don't know how they triage priorities,  but in my experience people who've got lost data or sync problems probably take precedence over search queries.  However if you post your ticket number here we can flag it for you...

• Ex Employees

Thanks gazumped,

the ticket number is 664680.

I've transferred your ticket to the Spanish queue. You should be contacted shortly with instructions. 

This may be due to space and downloaded content on your Android device or a sync issue. 

Answer of Evernote Support:

"It appears that this is a limitation of the Android device; it will only show up to 200 notes in any given search. While it is not currently possible to view more than 200 notes within a search on Android, I can definitely pass this along to our development team as a feature request."

• Level 5*

OK - thanks for the feedback;  that's something I didn't know,  though as I said,  I was aware there were 'differences' in the way searches were handled..  I'm sure iPhone's probably handle searches like this so much better... :P

Archived