I've created saved search with following rules:

-reminderTime:day+1 -reminderDoneTime:*

It's used to search for all reminders that are planned for today or any day in the past and are not completed. This works fine on Evernote MacOSX (5.5.1).

On Evernote for Android (5.8.5) the result is different from what I've expect. I tried to turn "offline search" on and off and the result is still wrong.

• I can see all reminders from the past
  • I can see reminders from yesterday
  • I can see reminders for today
  • I can see reminders which has no date set -> I believe that this is wrong

From the search manual I think behavior on my desktop is correct. Basically I don't care which variant is the correct one, but I need consistency for my search results.

• Level 5*

I think your headline summarises the situation.  There are inconsistencies in the way different clients perform searches.  If that's a problem I can only suggest that you submit a support request.  The work-around is basic - use tags to identify the result of a desktop search (that's only a few keystrokes to Select All and apply a tag),  then sync the desktop and sync and search that tag from the mobile.

• 4 weeks later...

I have reported this problem long ago (link), and also submitted a support query (as a premium user). The responses have been friendly but have so far given no indication that Evernote are working on it, or are even planning to do so. I find this very annoying, if only because the fact that search features are unreliable greatly worries me in a tool like Evernote. Apparently, Evernote are not worried....

• Level 5*

SInce we're talking different operating systems here,  maybe making search consistent across all clients is something that's not technically possible yet.  We (and Evernote) could be waiting for Android 5 or 6 to arrive to facilitate the process.  Pointless to speculate - short term it may be necessary to search on whichever client gives you the best results,  and tag those results for a fool-proof search in other clients.  The difference exists folks,  we have to find a viable way to deal with it...

Archived