shared notebook but not tags

I have been invited to a shared notebook by a project administrator with read only privileges. Though dozens of tags have been created by the project administrator, I do not see any.

In case it matters:

He created the notebook on an iPad

I am using an android phone.

• Level 5*

Not sure what you mean when you say that you're not seeing any tags. Do you mean that you're not seeing the tags in your tag list? Or you're not seeing tags on the notes that have been shared to you?

Not sure what you mean when you say that you're not seeing any tags. Do you mean that you're not seeing the tags in your tag list? Or you're not seeing tags on the notes that have been shared to you?

Neither I guess.  When viewing my tag list, I can only see tags I have created for other notebooks.  I didn't look for tags on notes within the shared notebook.  That is foreign to me.  I thought I would be able to search for tags within the shared notebook to reference.  Singe there was no specific "search for tags" feature within the shared notebook, I assumed those tags would be in my tag list, but they are not.

• Level 5*

You could try searching "tag:<shared tag>" without the quotes to see if the notes do still carry that attribute.  If the admin of that notebook then adds a note containing a list of all tags,  you'll be able to search the content.

Check the shared notebook via a browser through your web account to see whether the tags have transferred there.

You could try searching "tag:<shared tag>" without the quotes to see if the notes do still carry that attribute.  If the admin of that notebook then adds a note containing a list of all tags,  you'll be able to search the content.

Check the shared notebook via a browser through your web account to see whether the tags have transferred there.

Thank you.  I tried searching for the tags as you instructed.  nothing showed up.  I checked on the desktop & they are there.  Both myself (using an android) and another colleague of mine (using an iPhone 4s) are unable to view the tags on our phones.  both of us see the tags on the desktop version.  Do the notes need to be fully downloaded, occupying permanent space on my SD card?

• Level 5*

You shouldn't need to download the actual notes - Evernote downloads an index of notes and tags on mobiles so you can search within your account - and any shared notebooks - and download the note(s) you find selectively to view or edit.  I'd suggest you raise a support ticket (see below) to see whether tech support can offer anything more - though don't expect a quick response at the moment,  they seem very busy!  Meantime unless someone else can weigh in with more help I can only suggest that you use keywords rather than tags and add something unique like X<tagname> in the body of the text so a search will get guaranteed hits.

• Level 5*

Just to verify -- you can see the notes in the shared notebook?

If so, do those notes have the tags that they should?

If not, are the notebooks synced? Find the notebooks in the notebook list and make sure that they are.

One thing to try is to log into your account using the web client. You should be able to see the shared notebook, tags, etc. there, and do the searchers that you want. If you cannot, then you probably have some sort of syncing problem with your Android.

Just to verify -- you can see the notes in the shared notebook?

If so, do those notes have the tags that they should?

If not, are the notebooks synced? Find the notebooks in the notebook list and make sure that they are.

One thing to try is to log into your account using the web client. You should be able to see the shared notebook, tags, etc. there, and do the searchers that you want. If you cannot, then you probably have some sort of syncing problem with your Android.

Yes, I can see the shared notebooks under notebooks on my app. I can see the notes within the notebook & I can open the notes & see the context.

These notes do not have the tags they should.  under tags in the context menu, the only tags I see are my own tags that I created for other notes I personally created.

The notebooks are synced.  In my settings under synced accounts, Evernote shows it synced a half hour ago. the shared notebook specific sync setting is set to sync.

On the web client, I do see the shared notebook & the tags associated with that notebook.

Can you verify that i should see these tags on my mobile client?  Is that a feature of Evernote or is it not?

• Level 5*

I see tags on notes in notebooks shared to me on my Android device. You need to tap on the note information icon (a little 'i' in a circle) to see a note's tags. Note that I'm running a beta Evernote for Android client (5.9 Beta 7), but as far as I can recall, you can see tags on shared notes in the release version as well. I also see tags from shared notebooks in my tag list (the Tags panel that slides out from the left side of the app).

Archived