Shift+Tab messes up bullet format, same with copy/paste of lists.

DrApnea

After opening a note that was already created and trying to add a new line to a bulleted list, Shift+Tab breaks the bulleted list every time.  Ctl+Shift+M does the same thing. 

Please fix this.  It is really frustrating to want to place one more line into a bulleted list and have the entire process screwed up every time.

I am using windows 7 and the newest release version of 5.5, and have premium membership.

Also when copying a bulleted section of a note and pasting it into another bulleted section it causes a bullet to be placed in the same line as the previous bullet.  This ends up ***** up the bulleted format for the entire section and you cannot seem to address it by just backspacing up to the previous line and hitting return to move the text back down to the line below it with new line's bullet.

Please fix these two issues.  I was hoping that the most recent release would have addressed it but it has not.  These are very frustrating since most of my notes are in outline format and use bullets almost exclusively.

• Level 5*

DrApnea, Evernote has been aware of this problem for a long time (years?), but as they do not let us know what their plans are for the future, or even the next release, it is impossible to know when, if ever, this will be fixed. It may be worth doing a search on this forum to see if there are any suggested workarounds.

Sounds good.  I haven't used the forums here much but just got pissed off that such a common user action could cause such destruction of the note form.  

Come on Evernote, fix this.

Also ctl+] and ctl+[ doesn't change text size as it should.

• Level 5*

Also ctl+] and ctl+[ doesn't change text size as it should.

Knowledge Base error? In Evernote for WIndows, Ctrl+<plus-sign> and Ctrl+<minus sign> increase and decrease the text size of currently selected text; that's been true for several years.

http://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23168552

That is true about the Ctl+"+" which does work.

My mistake on that one but after jumping back and forth from different operating systems and office suites I just looked at the shortcuts listed for evernote and their online shortcut guide says to use the ones listed below.  My point is that there is a bit of misinformation and bugs that need to be cleaned up here on their website and for the desktop program itself.  

http://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23168552

3/4 of the way down that page

• 11 months later...

Archived