Maybe you should care more about the reviews in Windows 8 App store...

hojy

Here is a screenshot. I just click see all reviews. There are so many problems, and I also write a review in there. I can't imagine this could happen to iOS user or Android user.

I put some comments from the store here. These are some features that people in Windows app store need.

1. There is always a "get more" section in the front no matter whether you are premium user or not.
  2. Can't view note in full screen because the note information alway there.
  3. Always jump to the top of the lists when go back from a note.
  4. The way it shows notes is worse than Evernote Android, Evernote iPad, and Evernote Windows desktop.
  5. There is no offline notes option.(Only offline words. No offline pictures and attachments).

4sjzt0.jpg

• Level 5*

The limitations of the touch screen environment make it hard to deliver anything approximating the same features as the desktop,  mobile and web options.  Evernote does have a number of users who seem happy with their Windows Touch installations,  but I think are fully aware that there's lots more that could be done.  If you need to use Touch and have specific problems you may be able to get some help here.  My advice is always to use the Desktop version if you possibly can - it will normally have many more features than Touch.. at least for the time being.  

As regards general improvements,  it isn't really helpful to say "it's all bad - make it better" - a constructive list of suggested improvements might get you a product you'd be happy using...

The limitations of the touch screen environment make it hard to deliver anything approximating the same features as the desktop,  mobile and web options.  Evernote does have a number of users who seem happy with their Windows Touch installations,  but I think are fully aware that there's lots more that could be done.  If you need to use Touch and have specific problems you may be able to get some help here.  My advice is always to use the Desktop version if you possibly can - it will normally have many more features than Touch.. at least for the time being.  

As regards general improvements,  it isn't really helpful to say "it's all bad - make it better" - a constructive list of suggested improvements might get you a product you'd be happy using...

I do use desktop Evernote, but it's not friendly with touchscreen. It's hard to use on an 8.3-inch touch screen tablet. Actually it's hard to use on any touchscreen windows device because you cannot even scroll the note...

I have thought about list the suggested improvements here, but I think reviews in app store are very clear. Compared to the number of users who leave their suggestions in app store, only a small part of users leaves their suggestions here. Actually the reason why I start a topic here is Evernote doesn't response to the store reviews. Otherwise I won't waste my time to catch the screenshot. Here is the first choice for desktop client users, but not for app users. Another reason is it's hard for me to write in English.

I put some comments from the store here. These are some features that people in Windows app store need.

1. There is always a "get more" section in the front no matter whether you are premium user or not.
  2. Can't view note in full screen because the note information alway there.
  3. Always jump to the top of the lists when go back from a note.
  4. The way it shows notes is worse than Evernote Android, Evernote iPad, and Evernote Windows desktop.
  5. There is no offline notes option.(Only offline words. No offline pictures and attachments).

• Level 5*

With over 100 million users I don't think its feasible for Evernote to do individual responses - they're better off analysing the data and getting on with the work,  though they're a business,  so they're always going to concentrate on the most cost effective use of their time.  I don't know why Touch was a late starter,  but if people keep on feeding back constructively they'll get improvements.  I believe there have already been changes - I'm not a user,  no really no experience here.  Anyone else with more direct experience want to comment?

Archived