My notes list view disappeared

Windows 7

I've been using Evernote for years. This morning I noticed that my list view is not available, so I cannot browse different notes using the list view.  I can use card view or snippet view, but these viewing styles take up more screen real estate than I prefer. 

Have I done something wrong?post-212336-0-09224400-1406133227_thumb.

• Level 5*

You've pulled the note pane up over the bottom of the list view. To remedy, shut down Evernote completely (File / Exit), go into the registry and find the Evernote key (should be HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Evernote\Evernote) and edit the value named "ListViewHeight". It's probably a small number like 40 decimal or thereabouts. Make it 200 decimal. Restart Evernote.

Hoping someone can help.

While in the list view, i used the resize handle that sits between the list of notes and the and the currently viewed note. I shrank the list view box, such that only part  of the top note in the list is visible. When that happened, the resize handle disappeared, and no longer can be used. So the list view box is stuck with only one partial note visible. I tried exiting out and restarting, etc. no luck.

Has anyone run into this? or know how to get the resize handle back?

Thanks,

Pat K

Thanks very much. This too fixed the problem for me. I hope Evernote fixes this issue soon. No one should have to edit the registry to fix a software problem with an application that could have a limit installed to prevent this from happening.

Thanks though for such a quick response, and an accurate fix.

• 1 month later...

The regedit solution worked for me.  Wow.  I thought folks were exaggerating about the bugs in Evernote - this one's hilarious!  I'm half evangelist, half piss-taker, having lived through this one - its a corker!

• Level 5*

The registry fix didn't work for me at first.  I eventually noticed a few Evernote processes running.  Killing them allowed the change to ListViewHeight to take effect.  Find them by opening Task Manager and switching to the detailed process view.

I referred to this in my post:

You've pulled the note pane up over the bottom of the list view. To remedy, shut down Evernote completely (File / Exit), go into the registry and find the Evernote key (should be HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Evernote\Evernote) and edit the value named "ListViewHeight". It's probably a small number like 40 decimal or thereabouts. Make it 200 decimal. Restart Evernote.

File / Exit in the Evernote application will shut the whole thing down, including the "hidden" processes; at least that's what it's designed to do, and does for me. Much easier than going through Task Manager (even though I have the equivalent Process Explorer running all the time on my machines).

• 1 year later...

Archived