sbliven

Evernote stuck in offline mode

If Evernote failes to sync (eg because I haven't yet signed in to my wifi network, so requests get redirected), then it goes into offline mode. After fixing the internet problems, if I try to manually sync I still get the message "You're offline. You need to connect to the Internet to synchronize with the Evernote service." I have to restart the app in order to get it to sync again.

Note that it resumes fine after a simple loss of internet connection. It seems to be the error from getting redirected to wifi signin that switches Evernote into an error state.

Restarting the application tends to clear this up for me. You may also want to use the support page to report this behaviour to EN directly.

"You need to connect to the Internet to synchronize with the Evernote service."

This is a bug in Evernote right now. Even though you're connected to your network or wi-fi, the only way to correct it and sync, (that I've found), is to exit out of EN and re-start. Little bit of a hassle, but I'm sure the problem will be fixed soon. *Crossing fingers*

RG

I've been having this same problem for several months and it has not been resolved with the update to 5.6.1.  Restarting EN always fixes the problem, but definitely annoying.... please let me know if I can provide more info.