FEATURE/FIX REQUEST: Selection to checkboxed list

EverUser92405

Idea

Hello,

Following feature should be out of box, but still hasn't been implemented, so I'll try posting here.

Use case is when selecting a few lines of text in a note and hitting the "checkbox" button, a checkbox should be inserted at the beginning of each line and existing text should stay as was. This works on desktop apps, this is also the behavior for every desktop productivity application. On iOS version of Evernote, this deletes all selected text and replaces it with one checkbox.

IMO, this needs to be addressed.

Thanks

2 replies to this idea

That's very odd. It's working on my android and windows. I've never personally used the IOS version myself, but I've read a fair number of posts by other members that do and don't recall anyone mentioning this before. (To be fair though, I have a really bad memory. Or more accurately, one that fluxates daily due to MS cog fog...so please don't rely on my word alone for this one!

Thanks for your reply, Wordsgood.

It's good to know that this feature exists on Android. I am a premium subscriber and did submit a ticket request per your suggestion. The answer I got back is that they'll escalate it to development/product team, although I'm not too hopeful because I just searched through my emails and apparently I've submitted this same ticket on 11/16/13 and got the same answer back - that's 8 months ago, so I guess addressing this isn't a priority.

I'm surprised that more people aren't reporting this or maybe they're just living with lack of functionality (which would be sad).

Thanks again and will keep hoping for a fix.

Archived