Minimizing to tray in Windows 8 when closed

AseemChiplonkar

I upgraded my Evernote windows 8 desktop client to version 5.4.1.3962.

Till this version whenever I used to hit the minimize or close button, Evernote would get minimized as a tray icon.

Now with this version it has stopped doing that! If I minimize it minimizes to the task bar and if I hit close button (or Alt+F4) it gets closed

I checked the options but I don't seem to find it anywhere.

Can someone help? I hate having stuff on task bar when it can be in the system tray.

Thanks,

Aseem Chiplonkar

• Level 5*

Hi - I'm using a later beta of Evernote but passed through your version on my way here,  and my 'minimize to tray' worked fine.  Try uninstalling and reinstalling Evernote - sometimes the update process leaves a loose connection that just needs refreshing.

Hi - I'm using a later beta of Evernote but passed through your version on my way here,  and my 'minimize to tray' worked fine.  Try uninstalling and reinstalling Evernote - sometimes the update process leaves a loose connection that just needs refreshing.

Hmmm weird ... I reinstalled Evernote and now its minimizing when closed :)

Thanks!

I upgraded my Evernote windows 8 desktop client to version 5.4.1.3962.

Till this version whenever I used to hit the minimize or close button, Evernote would get minimized as a tray icon.

Now with this version it has stopped doing that! If I minimize it minimizes to the task bar and if I hit close button (or Alt+F4) it gets closed

I checked the options but I don't seem to find it anywhere.

Can someone help? I hate having stuff on task bar when it can be in the system tray.

Thanks,

Aseem Chiplonkar

As far as I know, minimizing has always left the program running in the taskbar. (That's standard Windows behavior) Check your options and make sure 'Sync in the background' is enabled (Tools->Options, Sync tab) As long as that is checked, Alt+F4 should left it running in the system tray. And Ctrl+Q will fully close it.

Dave

>As long as that is checked, Alt+F4 should left it running in the system tray. And Ctrl+Q will fully close it.

>Dave

Alt+F4 works for me. And on my wishlist is a [Minimize-to-tray-Button]

Is this possible?

thx

Quaser

• 6 months later...

This is also the question I was try to find an answer but there are no answer at all. Then I just figure out myself. You don't need to uninstall then re-install Evernote. Just check the "Synchronize in the background" on Tool -> Option -> Sync Tab and you done. Cheer :)

So I think Evernote was missing text somethings like ""Synchronize in the background - Minimize to Tray

Archived