Option to create one pdf per page in ScanSnap Evernote Edition

I can not believe the option to create one pdf per page isn't constantly requested.  I see it's available in ScanSnap's standard scanner via:

http://scansnapcommunity.com/tips-tricks/95-does-scansnap-create-multi-page-pdfs-or-single-page-pdfs/

I find it wildy frustrating to scan a pile of documents and yes, I scan a pile of documents at once with no rhyme or reason because I just want a digital copy and I like to sort after the fact (hence evernote) and it turns the scan into one giant pdf.  I know I can seperate them via Adobe into multiple pdfs but, it's yet another thing to do in my workflow. 

Please, Please, Please, Please EVERNOTE, make this option available to your users who pay for permium and spent a ton of $$ on a scanner with your name on it.

I'm seriously considering dumping the scanner (or Evernote scanner software) and going with the standard version which can create one pdf per scanned doument.  I pray (yes, this is that annoying/important to me) that this can be implemented via a software update.  Can one of the Evernote support techs tell me if I should wait or is my prayer never going to be answered?? 

Thanks

• Level 5*

You do know the trick of separating a pile of documents with different sized sheets or your own business cards where you want a new file?  I use the old ScanSnap and ScanSnap Manager gives me a setting to change from pdf-per-page to pdf-everything.  This isn't the route to Evernote support techs though - I suggest you raise a support request via the link below.

No I hadn't heard of the trick, it's a decent workaround but, I'd still really love the one pdf per page.  Thank you though.  Sometimes I find myself scanning just a bunch of mail at once and would love to be able to review them as seperate pdfs from evernote.  In hindsight, I would have been better not paying the premium price for ScanSnap Evernote Edition and done a DIY verison with the standard scanner :-(  I just created a support request.  Thanks

As someone who is in a market for a new scanner, this is quite a big issue for me. I have thousands of documents to scan and archive, and I need the ability to have them saved as individual documents.

• Level 5*

As someone who is in a market for a new scanner, this is quite a big issue for me. I have thousands of documents to scan and archive, and I need the ability to have them saved as individual documents.

The Evernote scanner is set up to take a tray full of different documents - business cards / bills / letters - and scan them into appropriate categories.  For a normal daily workload that's ideal,  and there are ways around the fact that if you have 25 same-size pages in there that belong to 5 different documents,  you'll either have to put a half-sheet of paper in between each document or accept one big PDF for all 25 pages and split it later.  You could also just drop 5 pages at a time into the tray and scan one document at a time, which is what I do on my standard S1500.

I do have a setting which switches between 25 pages = 25 PDFs or 25 pages = 1 PDF;  but that's no great difference from the Evernote scanner.  These things are quick - if you're scanning lots of pages,  you'll probably find that while it's scanning one document,  you're rushing to get the next one ready to scan.  Scanning lots of documents one at a time is the fastest way through - I've converted a paper archive into digital and I wouldn't have done it without the ScanSnap.

There are other scanners out there however - up to you to do your own due diligence on their features before you buy.

Thank you for the reply.

I dont think that putting blank sheets in between docs is a good solution as it means more work at the other end taking out blank pages.

Scanning them in one-by-one would be easier.

TBH - I am edging more towards the standard ix500 and setting up custom profiles for doing multiple single or double page docs, plus it is over £100 cheaper in the UK.

• Level 5*

The important thing about the paper dividers was the size,  not necessarily the blankness;  the Evernote scanner seems to assume that if you have 7 pages of the same size,  that's one file.  Change the size and that means New file.  Can't argue with your choice of scanner - as ever the rule is: "whatever works for you..."

Initially the ix500 would be probably be better as I have thousands of docs to archive, and I need to send a lot of them to Google Drive and Dropbox, so I can simply load it up 50 sheets at a time and let it scan away.

After the initial scanning is done, then most stuff I receive and scan will go into Evernote.

• 2 months later...

Hello everybody, I just received my ScanSnap evernote and have the same incredible problem : for example when I scan 50 differents documents, I don't manage to have 50 notes instead of a enormous PDF of 50 pages !!!. I really hope that an update is going to solve this bad problem. In the meantime for those who don't know how to separate the pages, I personally use "PDF toolkit " ( i am on Mac : <https://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/pdf-toolkit-+/id545164971?mt=12> ). If someone find another easy solution....

Best regards.

• 5 months later...
  • Level 5*

I can not believe the option to create one pdf per page isn't constantly requested.  I see it's available in ScanSnap's standard scanner via:

http://scansnapcommunity.com/tips-tricks/95-does-scansnap-create-multi-page-pdfs-or-single-page-pdfs/

I find it wildy frustrating to scan a pile of documents and yes, I scan a pile of documents at once with no rhyme or reason because I just want a digital copy and I like to sort after the fact (hence evernote) and it turns the scan into one giant pdf.  I know I can seperate them via Adobe into multiple pdfs but, it's yet another thing to do in my workflow. 

Please, Please, Please, Please EVERNOTE, make this option available to your users who pay for permium and spent a ton of $$ on a scanner with your name on it.

I'm seriously considering dumping the scanner (or Evernote scanner software) and going with the standard version which can create one pdf per scanned doument.  I pray (yes, this is that annoying/important to me) that this can be implemented via a software update.  Can one of the Evernote support techs tell me if I should wait or is my prayer never going to be answered?? 

Thanks

I don't have the Evernote-branded scanner (thank god), but it's hard to imagine that you have FEWER options than the standard ScanSnap scanner.

I don't know if ScanSnap support will be able to help you, but just in case here's their contact info:  ScanSnap Support

• Level 5*

This is something that should obviously exist for some document types. Scanning receipts is a real pain without this feature.

I have a ScanSnap s1300i, but I don't know if the options are the same.  If they are you can generate a PDF per page output by using the Option button on the File Option tab.  I created a profile just to handle receipts using  this option.  Screen shot included.  FWIW.

post-58142-0-89514400-1426292173_thumb.p

• Level 5*

@csihilling:  Maybe you didn't notice everyone is talking about the Evernote branded scanner, which apparently does NOT offer this option.

It has already been noted that this is possible on the standard ScanSnap scanners.

Thanks

It's good to see I'm not the only one looking for this. Almost a year later and no change. After my support request (not sure if I mentioned, I did create one) the tech said it was coming. Still not here... :-(

• 1 year later...

Actually, has this been added in a round about way?  I posted this in a different topic, File Format JPG Vs. PDF

I don't mean to revive a dead thread but, this had my terms.  Is this what you guys are using to create a separate note for every document scanned, as a jpg?  I missed that feature using the evernote Scansnap compared to the non-branded Scansnap, ie. every scan a separate note.   Is there any downside to going that route, jpg over pdf?  I can't stand how evernote puts all scans into a single pdf and am looking to avoid it at  (almost) any cost BUT still want to be able to search for any word.  Is that possible?  THANKS!

• Level 5*
17 minutes ago, keithl said:

Actually, has this been added in a round about way?  I posted this in a different topic, File Format JPG Vs. PDF

I don't mean to revive a dead thread but, this had my terms.  Is this what you guys are using to create a separate note for every document scanned, as a jpg?  I missed that feature using the evernote Scansnap compared to the non-branded Scansnap, ie. every scan a separate note.   Is there any downside to going that route, jpg over pdf?  I can't stand how evernote puts all scans into a single pdf and am looking to avoid it at  (almost) any cost BUT still want to be able to search for any word.  Is that possible?  THANKS!

Hi.  Not sure what your question is here.  JPGs can only contain one page (or picture).  PDFs can hold many pages.  It's possible to scan several pages to individual PDF files,  it's a requirement to do so if you scan to JPG.  The choice is down to your scanner settings (this thread is about a scanner),  not to Evernote.  In general PDF is a better choice than JPG for text documents,  however many pages they have - Evernote can find and usually highlight your search term in a PDF page.  OCR is rather more general in a JPG.

I see.  Do you know if the option exists in ScanSnap Manager Evernote Edition?  I do not see anything that says 1 JPEG to 1 NOTE.  I just tried setting my scanner to JPEG and it still create 1 Note which held multiple JPEGS. I must be missing something...  I'm using 1.0.51 

Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 1.42.28 PM.png

Archived