Sync failure due to client side error

GregPill

I could not synch for three weeks from Windows 7. Evernote support could not resolve. Finally was able to make synch work by uninstalling and reinstalling EN Windows but lost my unsynched data from the most recent 20 days, as it was not residing on the EN web version. Since I had copied and saved the EN database I thought I could restore the unsynched data, but do not see how. Is there a way to regain access to my my backed up data set with the most recent data?

• Level 5*

If you haven't added any notes to your NEW data base, you could switch your data base location back to the OLD data base which you backed up (turn off sync).  Then export all of your notes to an enex format file by notebook preserving the tags.  Switch back to the NEW data base and replace the contents of your notebooks with the notes in the enex export files through the import process.  This only works if you haven't added too many notes in your NEW data base (even then you can export your new notes based upon the time stamp, but it requires more precision).

I think this will work, and support should be able to give you a better step by step set of instructions.  It has risk and complexity associated with it, so if you aren't that familiar with EN I would be sure and get support's help, or consider reentering the notes if there aren't that many.

• Level 5*

You can find unsynced notes easily by looking in List view - there's a dot in the Sync column for anything (except local notes) that hasn't synced.  If you're going to be swapping database though,  don't be connected to the network when you do it,  otherwise you're going to get some surprising changes being swapped up and down.  And when you export your unsynced notes,  be sure you check the options to include tags,  and export to a separate file for each notebook the notes are in,  because that information isn't saved with the exports.  (Or tag the notes with notebook names and sort it out after you import them again...)

I agree with @csihilling though - get support to give you a detailed run through!

Archived