Did you ever notice...

CharlesHo

That the organizational system of Penultimate is a collection of NOTEBOOKS that are made of individual pages yet when they sync to EN the ENTIRE notebook is a SINGLE note? The Penultimate app is itself a Notebook, so anything created within it would thus be pages. Penultimate is not a collection of notebooks, despite what is heavily implied by its organization system within the app (see the words "My Notebooks" within the Penultimate app that are just above all the floating NOTEBOOKS?). Penultimate is a single notebook, nothing more. The result of this is a poorly conceived organization system that becomes even worse to handle when trying to sort through the notes in EN, as individual NOTEBOOKS in Penultimate are actually a single individual NOTE in Evernote. A more robust organizational system is needed to complete the translation of note from Penultimate to EN, such as the one that affords Evernote the fame it deserves, before the Penultimate app can be seen as anything more than a point of shame.

While I agree with CharlesHo about Notebooks on a conceptual basis, I suspect the challenge to the EN development people is the synchronization of something created in EN and synced to Penultimate (or created in Penultimate, synced to EN, modified in EN, and synchronized again).

I would hope it would be a relatively simple matter for the development people to make Notebooks created on Penultimate turned into a stack of Notebooks on EN when synchronized (and that they would do it).

In regard to pages created on Penultimate, I suspect that the vast majority of times when a person takes handwritten notes on paper or creates notes in Penultimate that he/she ends up continuing on to multiple pages. Hence, I would like to see all those pages rolled up into one EN Note, which is the way it happens today.

However, if the development people can come up with a simple way in Penultimate for a user to designate that a page should start a new Note when synced to EN, that would be great.

I haven't run a Penultimate focus groups to confirm this, but I'd speculate that these 2 changes would increase the numbers of Penultimate users and their appreciation.

Archived