Web pages with large jpg captured are not displaying correctly within Evernote

Paul Merrett

Idea

I'm a photographer. When I see a shot taken I like the look of, I grab a copy with Webclipper to form an electronic scrapbook inside Evernote.

I though this was working well and appearing correctly in the past. Anyway, at the moment something weird is happening with the resizing within Evernote when it displays the note.

Take a look at the attachment called 'full page'. This was grabbed using the Full Page option of Safari, although Firefox is behaving the same. All you see of the main picture is a slither. As you can see from the scroll bar on the extreme righthand side, more content is available. However if you scroll you only scroll through the text on the side. The picture remains as seen.

Now take a look at the attachment called 'screenshot'. This was taken with the, screenshot, within Safari. This give you an idea of what the page should have looked like. Here it is obviously one big JPG. The hyperlinks have been absorbed. I don't really want to resort to doing this. I may as well abandon Webclipper and use Apple's native screen capture.

Here's the weird thing. And the point which makes me think that Webclipper actually HAS captured all the content, it IS all there within Evernote, it's just having a hard time displaying it.

After viewing the note containing the screenshot when the white borders around the captured page have been stretched to accomodate the whole picture on the screen, if you then go back to the post which you know will only show a slither - it briefly shows the complete picture then snaps down to the smaller size. If you jump to another note taken from Google Plus+ using full page, same thing, slither, slither, slither. Then 'stretch' it by selecting one of the screen shots, go back to a slither. Full size pic display, SNAP down back to the slither instantly.

I think something is going wrong with the method to determine the minimum amount of space needed to display the note. I'm assuming it needs to be fairly agressive since Evernote is wanting to display the logo and then Related Notes underneath. In the case of pages Webclipped from Google Plus, it just isn't working.

If there is some kind of display option I've overlooked, please let me know. I've poked around and couldn't find anything. As I mentioned earlier, I think this behaviour is recent.

Thanks

Paul

post-210123-0-56560200-1404879542_thumb.

post-210123-0-78666400-1404879547_thumb.

2 replies to this idea

If you can post the source URL or a screenshot of the slideshow widget where this happens we can troubleshoot it. It looks like it is some kind of slideshow widget from Google plus...?

Archived