Does Evernote itself or forum members have niche for ADHD strategies?

TopGarageTV

I wondered if someone at Evernote, or group of end users/members, have a resource for using Evernote to help with those with ADHD. Using more of its capabilities to help make life a little better. It improves my life imensely, but I could see Evernote devoting some time to craft ways to improve the app even more.

I just did a quick google search and some website came up related to Evernote at ADHD, though how much help and how interactive they are, I cannot say. I also remember seeing someone with a blog dedicated to their experience with Evernote as someone with ADHD but I can't seem to find it. If I come across it again I'll be sure to post it here. 

In the meantime, a topic like that is perfectly fair game in this community so you'd be welcomed to posted about your experience, your questions, and I am sure there are others here with experience with ADHD who would chime in.

• Evernote Expert

Yes, I am around. :)

However, off late you may not find much posts on ADHD. This was done consciously, since I now face a privacy dilemma. As long as I was anonymous, I had the option of writing freely, but having linked my real name on the book with the blog, I fear some issues following which I even took off some posts.

Although, I do plan to continue writing about ADHD experiences, I don't want them public posts, but invite - only kinds. If u wish to read the hidden ADHD posts and content in future, please send me a pm and I will send you the link and password to locked contents on the blog.

And yeah, the old blog is dead. :( but I have restored it yo the new address, which you can see in my signature and in the post mentioned above. Thanks.

• Evernote Expert

Yes, I am around. :)

However, off late you may not find much posts on ADHD. This was done consciously, since I now face a privacy dilemma. As long as I was anonymous, I had the option of writing freely, but having linked my real name on the book with the blog, I fear some issues following which I even took off some posts.

Although, I do plan to continue writing about ADHD experiences, I don't want them public posts, but invite - only kinds. If u wish to read the hidden ADHD posts and content in future, please send me a pm and I will send you the link and password to locked contents on the blog.

And yeah, the old blog is dead. :( but I have restored it yo the new address, which you can see in my signature and in the post mentioned above. Thanks.

Although I've never been diagnosed by a professional, I'm convinced I have ADHD. I can tell from personal experience that Evernote has been an ENORMOUS help for me. There's still a level of self-discipline involved, but to have a program that constantly informs me on what I need to do is a huge help.

Thank you everyone for the excellent advices. I wonder if anyone has any inputs regarding how an ADHD person should organize the structure of all the notes, notebooks, linked notes, into an easy to work framework?

Thanks!

• Evernote Expert

Ok. This reply is for @benyolav.

There is no hard and fast rule to using and organizing Evernote. The core idea is to have a constantly refining process to see what is working for you and what is not.

Initially when I started using Evernote, I started by using the Tag approach. I found that it was not working for me. This is because, tags typically get filled more quicker than notebooks and before you know it, there would be hundreds or thousands of tags. So, let's say you created a note and assigned it to 4 tags, the next time, you may add only 3 tags and forget the fourth..

However, this issue can be addressed by using a note book central approach, if you face this problem. Since at the moment of creating the note, you are definitely sure of the destination..

What I have said can be found in more simple ways along with illustrations and examples. For your case, refer yo the chapters that talk about how to use notebooks and tags with examples in the book. And if you like the book, request you to write a review on google books.

http://books.google.co.in/books?id=iHVGAwAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=Sugeeth+krishnamoorthy&hl=en&sa=X&ei=7KPHU5DXIpSfugSVhoHQCQ&ved=0CBsQ6AEwAA

• 4 weeks later...

There are ways to retrain your brain with ADHD, and gain a whole lot more control. But if a person likes their life, and is willing to deal with it, there are ways to deal with it.

Pretty much the way to be successful with ADHD is to have multiple projects to work on at once. When the need arises, move from task to task. They will all take longer, but the time they are all done shouldn't take any longer, and probably be done quicker if you have ADHD. (I actually learned this idea from watching an interview with a successful person who had ADHD as an adult.) You spend short bursts on each item, and when you feel ready to move to another task, then you do. Preferably at a stopping point.)

If it were me, I would have a list of items to work on, then move 2 to 4 into a "now" filtered list. List them in the order of importance, so when you move from task to task, you try to move to the one that is the most important most often. If you have more then 2 that is. With 2 you would just switch back and forth from task to task.

As a project is completed, it is moved to a completed notebook, and another task is added to the group.

Archived