Do you even listen to what users have to say?

I'm writing this because I'm really amazed how much you don't care about what evernote users report or what they would like to do to help you earn even more money. Let me just bring two most frustrating things that you've been indifferent about since evernote's first release:

1) Subfolders (like half of the users raise this and you just say that it has been discussed thousand times on the board's meetings... AND?)

2) Buying premium version without credit card (not possible even with paypal.... Really? I mean REALLY?! In the XXIst century? Just find a work-around and please don't tell me its because of paypal internal rules because its pathetic)...

How is this possible in a company which existence really depends on satisfying at least basic needs of its customers? I know you don't care. For now.

I'm writing this because I'm really amazed how much you don't care about what evernote users report or what they would like to do to help you earn even more money. Let me just bring two most frustrating things that you've been indifferent about since evernote's first release:

1) Subfolders (like half of the users raise this and you just say that it has been discussed thousand times on the board's meetings... AND?)

2) Buying premium version without credit card (not possible even with paypal.... Really? I mean REALLY?! In the XXIst century? Just find a work-around and please don't tell me its because of paypal internal rules because its pathetic)...

How is this possible in a company which existence really depends on satisfying at least basic needs of its customers? I know you don't care. For now.

First, this is a users board.

Second,

In addition to what Jefito & Metrodon said, there are only so many things any one or any company can do & do well. The forum is filled with dozens & dozens of feature requests. EN must make decisions about what they will add & what they will not add (for whatever reason). Then the items they have decided to add must be prioritized & some of those features should sync & work across all the clients. IE, highlighting, reminders, shortcuts, etc. So there are always going to be those who are disappointed that their particular feature request is not granted. It appears that those who want markdown will have to wallow in their disappointment along with those wanting nested notebooks & a Linux client.

Wow. Thanks. I'm satisfied now.

Putting aside the acrid sarcasm of this reply, I'd like to point out that it is not BurgersNFries job to guarantee your satisfaction, she is just pointing out the reality of the situation, which may be unsatisfying.

The reality is, you could look at the feature requests directed at ANY company, and cherry-pick the ones they opted to not implement (or which were not possible to implement), and claim that they are not listening to users. Similarly, you could cherry-pick all those feature requests that did make it into the product or service and claim exactly the opposite. 

You have done the former, and picked a couple of things that Evernote has chosen not to implement (yet). It is entirely possible to do the opposite. 

It is unfortunate that you do not think that Evernote is offering what you'd like. Just as with anything, there is some choice, there are other options that might meet your needs. Though I am sure you could find just as many faults with any of those alternatives. 

Clearly there is lots to be done with Evernote, and they have their fingers in a lot of pies. Progress on a lot of things seems to be slow. With some core things this can be frustrating... for things like Subnotebooks, this is really an arbitrary choice, and Evernote appears to be uninterested in making sub-notebooks/stacks/whatevers. If you want hierarchy, Windows Explorer and Mac OS Finder offer a perfectly good Hierarchy for storing text and files of any kind. 

Wow. Thanks. I'm satisfied now.

I'm assuming this to be satire, so...

You want Evernote to implement something you want and claim they are not listening if they don't. But it's *their* company and *their* livelihood on the line here. They have to make choices that will always make some users happy and some users upset. That's life. I don't know how to be more clear. I'm sorry you don't like the answer.

• Level 5*

I am not sure why the billing changed. They used to have Paypal (beginning in 2009), but now I only see the credit cards as well. I don't know the answer, but I suggest contacting them directly by starting a support ticket. 

According to the comments by Heather on their blog, they had trouble with Paypal in Germany because of Paypal policies. Perhaps there were other troubles they encountered.

https://blog.evernote.com/blog/2009/01/28/paypal-payments/

[EDIT]: I think I must have been looking at the screen to add another 1GB for the month, because I didn't see PayPal wherever I was. Indeed, though, as Geoff mentions below, the regular upgrade process has a PayPal option.

You can pay with paypal: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s16/sh/243c3c7e-475b-4124-9841-1b546ffc1cfe/d46473d6303b4f8dcadf9b80f253ce49/deep/0/Upgrade-to-Premium.png

I'm not aware of any limitations to paying with Paypal, though there may be some service limitations there.

While it's likely still a credit card transaction, we also take payments through iTunes or Google Play. Internationally, we're working on lots of interesting ways to take payments as easily as possible.

For example: http://www.techinasia.com/evernote-adds-people-indonesia-pay-premium/

Gbarry, I ran into a rather convoluted problem of my own trying to upgrade through PayPal a couple weeks ago and did get a response to my Support Ticket. Unfortunately, the sales rep who replied appeared not to have understood a word I said and shortly after he responded I had a small life crisis hit that took my attention away for several days, so didn't get back to him.

I'd like to try again in about a week, but it's a bit complicated and I need some help. I'm hesitent to try going through support again as the reply I got left me scratching my head...honestly don't know how else I could have explained it in my request when I submitted it.

Would you mind if I PM'd you to see if you could help?

You can pay with paypal: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s16/sh/243c3c7e-475b-4124-9841-1b546ffc1cfe/d46473d6303b4f8dcadf9b80f253ce49/deep/0/Upgrade-to-Premium.png

I'm not aware of any limitations to paying with Paypal, though there may be some service limitations there.

While it's likely still a credit card transaction, we also take payments through iTunes or Google Play. Internationally, we're working on lots of interesting ways to take payments as easily as possible.

For example: http://www.techinasia.com/evernote-adds-people-indonesia-pay-premium/

Sure--PM me, or even better so you're not stuck repeating yourself, send along that ticket number.

Thanks! Will go hunt for it now and send as soon as I find it. (I get way to many email, lol.)

Sure--PM me, or even better so you're not stuck repeating yourself, send along that ticket number.

In some (or all?) European Countries, Paypal can only be used for recurring payments if you have a Credit Card on file with them. For users without Credit Card, it would be very helpful to have the option of paying for a specified amount of time only, without the transaction being a "recurring payment".

• Level 5*

In some (or all?) European Countries, Paypal can only be used for recurring payments if you have a Credit Card on file with them. For users without Credit Card, it would be very helpful to have the option of paying for a specified amount of time only, without the transaction being a "recurring payment".

As mentioned in the link I posted above, Heather noted Germany as one of those countries. It may, in fact, be more with changes since her post on the blog. It would be nice to know where the limits are, but in this case, I guess it is a lot to ask Evernote to keep track of Paypal's limits.

As mentioned in the link I posted above, Heather noted Germany as one of those countries. It may, in fact, be more with changes since her post on the blog. It would be nice to know where the limits are, but in this case, I guess it is a lot to ask Evernote to keep track of Paypal's limits.

I am not asking EN to keep track of Paypal's limit, I'm asking for the option to pay for a specified amount of time without it being a "recurring" transaction.

Things are changing all the time in the online payment sector, a year from now, other means of payment may be a better choice. Plus, I don't like my CC being on file with online companies.

• Level 5*

I am not asking EN to keep track of Paypal's limit, I'm asking for the option to pay for a specified amount of time without it being a "recurring" transaction.

Things are changing all the time in the online payment sector, a year from now, other means of payment may be a better choice. Plus, I don't like my CC being on file with online companies.

Hi. That was just my musing about the Paypal limits and possible solutions to the confusion some users may have due to different countries. However, for your case, it might be an easy solution. I think you can just buy a Premium gift card (a one time payment) and then apply that to your account. 

https://www.evernote.com/Gift.action

Archived