Resize Photo's

Spuiter

I have a question.

I'm new here and learning evernote.

Is it possible to resize the photo to max 100kb?

I have to make a lot of photo's and it is too much work to resize them all.

I make the photo's with a iphone.

Excuse me for my English, i come from Holland :)

thx

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote won't (at the moment) resize photos for you.  There are 'batch' photo resizers out there that might help,  and many apps to change the size one photo at a time.

• Level 5*

Not exactly on topic, but any ideas as to why a PDF of a scanned business card or receipt opens to multiples of the original size? In Windows or IOS? Some PDF setting I don't know about?

• Level 5*

Not exactly on topic, but any ideas as to why a PDF of a scanned business card or receipt opens to multiples of the original size? In Windows or IOS? Some PDF setting I don't know about?

There are device and software settings that will alter the size of an image,  but Evernote (AFAIK) simply expands the PDF window to fit the available screen size - no work arounds that I'm aware of other than to convert the page to JPG and play with the image size.

• Level 5*

For images if you use ENML (sorry, I don't remember how I got the shortcut) from the web version you can change the height and width of the image. I often find that images are set to be ridiculously large, and on a small scale this works (otherwise I just delete the image). However, for pdf files the line that starts <en-media doesn't seem to have height and width dimensions available, unless it is in the dtd that we can't normally see or adjust. Agree it would be helpful if we could set a default size for images, not so sure about the pdfs because I use those mostly on my desktop, where resizing the window usually does what I want. If that fails, I open the pdf.

• Level 5*

FactMan:

Thanks for the ENML reference.  If I read it right it works on a note by note basis so I will add it to the tool set, but I was looking for a more macro solution.  

I got into the bad habit of scanning all of my credit card receipts into EN.  When viewing them in snippet mode only a portion of the receipt is viewable, and this is on either of two 23" monitors.  I adjusted the settings in Adobe so when I open there it is 100% size.  Cant' seem to get that done in EN.

Gazumped:

In my case EN seems to be expanding beyond available screen size.  I seem to remember some time in the past when an 8.5 x 11 would force fit into the available snippet window, but now now.  

I suppose I see this as more of a display issue than an image size issue.  I don't even know what the designed result is supposed to be, so not clear as to error or expectation.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Wondered if you had a small display that would struggle to show a big image without going off screen,  but that shouldn't be an issue here.  Apologies - we're back to the "raise a support ticket (see below)" stage I think...  The tech guys might have a suggestion or two,  and at worst they'll now be aware of the problem...

• Level 5*

I have submitted a ticket.  FYI, I played around a bit and I think the image is force fitting to the window based upon its width.  If I am in snippet view and I make the note window 2" or so wide then the entire receipt can be viewed.  I've asked in the ticket if there are any options to control the display characteristics.  Maybe pictures are presented the same way?

Archived