Feature Request: Handwriting integration between Windows and Android

Effrey

I recently purchased a Windows Surface Pro 3 and was excited to give the pen input a test drive and sorry to say have been disappointed with the results.

When I add a Handwriting section on my Android client and sync back to Windows I am only able to annotate that item. I can understand that due to the differences between systems. But it is frustrating that I then cannot add any handwriting on the Windows client to that same note.

I then tried to create a Ink Note, which works fairly well on the Windows client, and will even sync down to the Android client be displayed but unable to edit, again I can understand that. I am able to add additional notes and the note displays correctly on the Android. The problem comes when I sync back to Windows. The writing section has been converted to an Attachment.bin file and I am no longer able to handwrite on that note.

I have too much time invested into Evernote to jump ship, and your Android client is much better than OneNotes, but I am starting to investigate ways to incorporate OneNotes writing capabilities into my workflow. One nice feature I have noticed is the ability to highlight the written text in ON and copy, which will actually copy the converted text, on both clients. Which may come in handy for this workaround I am still considering.

My request is for better integration between Android and Windows of the mixed note type (Text / Handwriting / etc)

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5*

Did you try?  And if so,  what happened?  I just had a go - created an ink note on desktop,  synced it to my Android and opened the note to edit.  I can add text or handwriting above or below the ink content,  but the actual ink writing/ drawing,  while visible,  is not editable.

Thank you for your advice, but I want to have all notes on one place synchronized through different devices. I like Everntote and was hoping that this is possible and IMHO it is really bad that you cannot edit windows notes on android device.

Archived