[Windows/Web] CANT_CREATE_TABLE error, no response to support ticket

Hello.

I'm using Evernote for Windows 5.4.0.3698 on Windows Vista.

On 19th of June, I filed the following support ticket with attached screenshot and received confirmation of receiving the ticket #584377:

After a power surge while editing a note, I get the following error when trying to start Evernote. Obviously, the note I was editing hasn't synced to Evernote Web. Is it possible to fix (what I assume is) the local database and recover the changed version of the note, and if so, could you guide me through it? Thank you for your help.

I've found a couple of topics regarding this error and they all end with advice to file a ticket (and sometimes a mention that a ticket was closed without any notice). I understand that as a free user it will take some time for my request to be processed, however I think this is pushing it a little.

My question is as above. Failing that, how can I make sure that after removing the corrupted database, my notes will be downloaded from the web instead of lost? I've been using Evernote for years, and they are vital both to my schoolwork and otherwise.

Thank you for your assistance.

post-209155-0-00793900-1404203003_thumb.

• Level 5*

Hi.  As far as the ticket goes,  I agree 10 days is a bit of a wait - I'll flag your post so someone can have a quick look.  AFAIK it isn't possible to rescue the edited note - it was corrupted mid-edit,  so the changed version will not have been saved back to the server.  You should be able to see a version of the note via the web browser at Evernote.com and that will be all that can be salvaged.  If you're good with that ,  have a look at this thread https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/19667-cant-create-table/ which seems to have had a successful resolution.  If not,  hang on for a day or so more and you should get a follow-up.

• Ex Employees

Hello.

I'm using Evernote for Windows 5.4.0.3698 on Windows Vista.

On 19th of June, I filed the following support ticket with attached screenshot and received confirmation of receiving the ticket #584377:

After a power surge while editing a note, I get the following error when trying to start Evernote. Obviously, the note I was editing hasn't synced to Evernote Web. Is it possible to fix (what I assume is) the local database and recover the changed version of the note, and if so, could you guide me through it? Thank you for your help.

I've found a couple of topics regarding this error and they all end with advice to file a ticket (and sometimes a mention that a ticket was closed without any notice). I understand that as a free user it will take some time for my request to be processed, however I think this is pushing it a little.

My question is as above. Failing that, how can I make sure that after removing the corrupted database, my notes will be downloaded from the web instead of lost? I've been using Evernote for years, and they are vital both to my schoolwork and otherwise.

Thank you for your assistance.

I've bumped your ticket in the support queue. You should be contacted via email shortly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Please help!

Windows Crashed and I am facing the same issue.

The link provided up here seems to be dead. A search didn't help. Most posts point to search other posts which don't point me to any directions.

Thanks

• Level 5*
This seems to be a windows error occasionally thrown up after an update..  the trick seem to be to:

• exit Evernote (if it didn't already crash)
  • backup your database
  • rename the database folder
  • restart Evernote and log in - your database will rebuild from the server.

NB any unsynced notes and local notebooks will be lost if you do this.  If that's a problem,  please raise a support ticket.

(If Evernote still runs normally,  you can export unsynced notes and local notebooks to ENEX files and re-import them later)

• 8 months later...

I did! I established a new database folder, had evernote sync to it, it didn't work, I uninstalled evernote, reinstalled, created another folder, and it worked. For a month. Now it is doing the same thing and the fix I was given before does not work. I liked the support person. But I need a program I can rely on to get my work done and this is not doing the trick.

• Level 5*

I'd suggest going back to Support with a new query - click Troubleshooting in the Help Center (link below in my sig) and scroll to the bottom of the page to see the 'Contact Support' button.  I've had a stable database for years,  and we get very few reports of repeated failures in the forums..  it sounds likely that you have disk space or memory issues on your device,  or possibly a slow or intermittent connection causing this problem.  Support should be able to help you check what's going on,  and completely uninstall and 'clean' reinstall Evernote if necessary.

Archived