Justified format not working properly

phoenix123

I always use the 'justified' paragraph format to make notes. I'm facing two problems:

1. The last few characters in each line of the note are almost always 'cut', as if the right-side margin is outside my screen. I have to refresh the note by selecting a couple of other notes and coming back again to make the 'justfied' format re-align itself and not cut characters.

2. Can I get an option to set 'justified' as my default format? Right now I have to select all text and then 'justify' it each time.

Thanks.

• Level 5*

There's no option to set a format as default at present,  though we were told that Evernote were looking at upgrading the (rather clunky) editor that we currently know and love.  Your margin problem is probably due to the extra overhead of the editor reflowing lines to be of equal length.  Do you have the same problem when working in left-justified?

There's no option to set a format as default at present,  though we were told that Evernote were looking at upgrading the (rather clunky) editor that we currently know and love.  Your margin problem is probably due to the extra overhead of the editor reflowing lines to be of equal length.  Do you have the same problem when working in left-justified?

Yes, I see the problem comes in Left-Alignment also. I never checked because I always use justified. I didn't understand what the 'over-head' is. Kindly let me know if you know a solution. Thanks.

• Level 5*

Yes, I see the problem comes in Left-Alignment also. I never checked because I always use justified. I didn't understand what the 'over-head' is. Kindly let me know if you know a solution. Thanks.

Well,  to justify the text,  Evernote has to work out the width of the display,  the width of the characters you type (and depending on what font you're using some letters might be much narrower than others) and then decide whether the next character goes on the current line,  or should wrap around to the one below.  And all that while you're putting the 'e' on 'the'.  Justifying both margins is double the fun.  That computing 'overhead' going on in the background makes it hard to update the screen all the time,  so it jumps from time to time,  or when you force it to reflow the text by changing from one note to another.

And like I said - what you see is all you're going to get unless and until Evernote change things around.  You've raised this with the developers by posting here,  so we'll have to wait and see...

Archived