Remove tag attached to note

• 1 year later...

I am having the same problem. Unfortunately, no X appears when I hover over the tag in the note. Maybe something has changed since the time this answer was posted?

I am also on Windows 7, web version.

Thanks,

Laureen

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, SeattleJim said:

Delete doesn't work. I love the features of this program but the interface is very counter-intuitive. I'm gradually moving my notes back to notepad in frustration.

This is what I see when I hover over a tag.  Clicking the x doesn't actually delete the tag, it removes it from the note.

Image.png.9b660e3e2380ed8f713eb35b6f7dd468.png 

If you want to delete the tag from all notes, you need to right click on the tag and select Delete.  There is a remove option there as well.

• 1 month later...

I am on Windows 10 with a Lenovo Flex. 
I do not see any X appear when hovering over Tag.  
Why is this such a big damn deal?

...so far, burned 20 minutes trying to delete a damn tag I entered incorrectly with no solution in sight. very frustrating.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, konakiko said:

I am on Windows 10 with a Lenovo Flex. 
I do not see any X appear when hovering over Tag.  
Why is this such a big damn deal?

...so far, burned 20 minutes trying to delete a damn tag I entered incorrectly with no solution in sight. very frustrating.

Right click on the tag and select remove if it is just the tag for this note, or delete to remove the tag from EN.

Image.png.97d2d9fcabae6606503f36d5ecc6f79f.png

• 4 months later...

I believe I may have solved the problem with Tag Deletion.
I, too, was having the same problem as konakiko.
Thought I was going insane!
Then I remembered there is a Web Version and a "Local" Installed version of Evernote.
I discovered that Tag Deletion is not available on the Web Version - only the locally installed version.
Not sure why, but this is the "Fix" that took care of it for me.
Hope this helps.

• 5 months later...

Archived