Is auto-title missing?

fmorondo

After updating to 5.4.1.3962 (Windows 7 Pro, SP1), auto-title is missing when copying a text directly into a new note via keyboard shortcut.

When creating a new note inside the application, auto-title works finely.

I just noticed this issue today, also. When I use the keyboard shortcut, the little preview pop-up in the corner that usually shows me the title of my new note now just shows a number: "Pasted: 4669." (screenshot attached)

And the note in Evernote in the list view shows as "Untitled Note" now. I have to edit the title of each new note now, and this is a little frustrating. 

I am also on Windows 7 Professional SP1.

post-208648-0-97706800-1403812892_thumb.

• Level 5*

Unless I didn't reproduce the error scenario correctly, this appears to be fixed in the latest beta (5.4.1.4027). All I did was copy some text, and create a new note, and paste the text into the note. The new note had the title auto-filled in as expected.

Unless I didn't reproduce the error scenario correctly, this appears to be fixed in the latest beta (5.4.1.4027). All I did was copy some text, and create a new note, and paste the text into the note. The new note had the title auto-filled in as expected.

Thank you for your reply - If you highlight text on a document or website, and press the Windows key + A to automatically create a new note with the Windows Clipper, do you get the same result as above?

• Level 5*

Thank you for your reply - If you highlight text on a document or website, and press the Windows key + A to automatically create a new note with the Windows Clipper, do you get the same result as above?

Nope -- it just has "Title" as the title. But if you click in the title, and then click in the note body, it switches to what you had highlighted. Not quite the same as automatic, I know, but easier than manually pasting the title in.

I'm just wondering if this was an intentional change, or if it's just a glitch in the current version. I know people wanted an option to turn off auto-titling, but I would hope that this non-titling change isn't the default/only option now. 

This issue has something to do with the source of the note. If I select title and a few paragraphs of this BBC News, and then I press Win+A, autotitle doesn't work. But if I paste it into the Windows Notepad, I select it again and I press Win+A, the first line becomes the Evernote note title. I found also this behaviour when trying to create a note from LibreOffice (and other programs): autotitle doesn't work from inside LibreOffice but it does work from Notepad.

This issue has something to do with the source of the note. If I select title and a few paragraphs of this BBC News, and then I press Win+A, autotitle doesn't work. But if I paste it into the Windows Notepad, I select it again and I press Win+A, the first line becomes the Evernote note title. I found also this behaviour when trying to create a note from LibreOffice (and other programs): autotitle doesn't work from inside LibreOffice but it does work from Notepad.

Interesting... I got a similar result. 

Also, if I select title and paragraphs on a website and press Ctrl+C to copy, then press Ctrl+Alt+N to open a new note in Evernote, THEN press Ctrl+V to paste into the new note, it pastes in with the right auto-title that way. I don't want to have to do that every time, but I just find it interesting that we can get it to work with workarounds but not the original easy way.

• 1 month later...

I have the exact same issue but it happens for ALL clippings I do from Firefox using Windows key + A.

Am running the latest version of Evernote as of Aug 21, 2014: 5.5.3.4236 (272236) Public

If after clipping, I click in at the top of the note where it's labeled "Title" (above the line) and WAIT like 30 seconds, the title eventually is filled in.

On the Mac, no such issues using the web clipper which is a button in Firefox. Much faster.

Any solution for this?

I have the exact same issue but it happens for ALL clippings I do from Firefox using Windows key + A.

Am running the latest version of Evernote as of Aug 21, 2014: 5.5.3.4236 (272236) Public

If after clipping, I click in at the top of the note where it's labeled "Title" (above the line) and WAIT like 30 seconds, the title eventually is filled in.

On the Mac, no such issues using the web clipper which is a button in Firefox. Much faster.

Any solution for this?

There is a fix for this in our latest beta and will available in our general build soon. 

• Level 5*

I can confirm this is fixed in the latest beta. However, if you have a version in which it is still a problem, try going to list view. Click on an item with the "title" fault, then press F2-Enter. Click on the next item and repeat. Does not appear to be a way to do this in bulk.

Archived