WebViewTest

android [Android]Hardware acceleration is not enabled for some of the views/webviews.

Hello,

I see hardware acceleration is not enabled for all of the views in EverNote android app. Any specific reason for this?

In fact, enabling it will improve performance. I specifically tested Evernote->Market initial page and found that scrolling is very slow. And similarly while viewing individual notes, if the note has images etc, then scroll/zoom is slow. And I think this can be improved on android by enabling hardware acceleration for these views.

• Like 1

Hi - users here,  not actually tech support;  so while the developers who read these pages may take your comments on board,  they're unlikely to provide any tech details of why the app is set up that way.  If you'd really like to know the answer I suggest a support request (see below) to get something direct.

I opened  support ticket - #592180 for this, but no response yet. How much time it generally takes to get response?

Clearly you had the standard acknowledgement.  If you're a free user and have a query rather than a fault,  you may have to wait a while - possibly several working days.  Responding to you may also mean someone has to do some internal research which may add to the time...