Convert business notebook to personal notebook

• Level 5*

There's no automated way to do that.  The way to handle it is just to move the notes in the Business Notebook(s) into Personal Notebook(s) and they will no longer be shared.  (Depending on what client app you use, you can do this by dragging-and-dropping, or using "Move to Notebook..." on the menu.)

• Level 5*

I hear you.

But you can at least select multiple notes, or even "Select All" in a Notebook, then move them in one operation.  I would think that wouldn't make it too painful?

• 1 year later...

Is this still a restriction in Evernote for Business? We are looking to have a business account with students given access to notebooks that will be maintained by a facilitator. At the end of the course, we'd like to transfer ownership of those notebooks to each student's personal Evernote account, so that they can retain all information stored in that individual notebook. Is this an option at this point with Evernote for Business?

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, PDXVBS said:

Is this still a restriction in Evernote for Business? We are looking to have a business account with students given access to notebooks that will be maintained by a facilitator. At the end of the course, we'd like to transfer ownership of those notebooks to each student's personal Evernote account, so that they can retain all information stored in that individual notebook. Is this an option at this point with Evernote for Business?

AFAIK the situation is still the same.  A Business user's personal account notebook is completely separate (as it should be) from the business,  and ownership of notebooks can't be 'transferred' between them.  Especially if 'ownership' of one business notebook would be transferred to multiple users.  It should be possible however,  and fairly trivial,  for the personal account owner to set up one or more notebooks in the individual personal account to receive the notes to be shared,  and block copy and paste the information across.

• 2 weeks later...

@PDXVBS 

Alternatively, the business notebook can be exported from the Admin Console or app by the admin or owner, sent to the student and then imported into the student's personal account. To learn more about exporting/importing notebooks, see the 'Manage notebook contacts, delete notebooks, and export notebook contents' section of this help article.

• 3 weeks later...

What I want to know is when will it be possible to move notes from personal to business notebooks or vise-versa while using evernote web? Serious short-coming. Have to go Android app to do this, just seems really short sighted not be available in web version.

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, JACKCSPR said:

What I want to know is when will it be possible to move notes from personal to business notebooks or vise-versa while using evernote web? Serious short-coming. Have to go Android app to do this, just seems really short sighted not be available in web version.

Have you tried both the old and the new web clients?  (The switch is in Settings) I don't actually know if there is a difference,  but it's worth a look.  Also being unable to move notes from one to the other isn't a 'shortcoming' - it's just something no-one thought of at first glance.  If you raise it as a feature request and enough people vote for it...

(Create a topic in one of the feedback forums where up voting exists - https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/234-web-beta-product-feedback/)

• 6 months later...

I t  is  NOT 'pity', it is stupid to allow user convert a 'notebook'.

After so many years of experience, Evernote should already noted this, the most user friendly logic is to ONLY allow to covert a note if You know that the action is NOT reversible.

Damn Evernote, I accidentally converted whole of my personal notebook to business and the 'Ctrl Z' not working, and they do not give a way to do it. Now I face a problem if still need to pay for it.

Archived