Quota not synchronized; support silent

Nadya De Angelis

Idea

15 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

According to my mac client, the monthly quota is almost over. According to other clients (web, android phone, iPad), only half of it is used. 

Ticket #567064, no reply for 5 days. 

Any ideas about how to get it fixed?

Hi. I'll flag your post for support, though they likely won't respond until Monday Pacific time. Do you have anything in your Trash in Evernote on the Mac?

According to my mac client, the monthly quota is almost over. According to other clients (web, android phone, iPad), only half of it is used. 

Have you sync'd the Mac?  The web client shows the true amount remaining.  Once all other devices have sync'd & you recheck the web client (in case any changes were sync'd from the devices), then all the devices should match what's on the web client. 

If you have a free account, you get support as time permits (premium users get priority).  This week, EN got hit with a DDoS, so I suspect support was pretty much backed up this week.

Hi. I'll flag your post for support, though they likely won't respond until Monday Pacific time. Do you have anything in your Trash in Evernote on the Mac?

Thanks for flagging. I do have something in the trash, but does it affect my monthly allowance? 

Have you sync'd the Mac?  The web client shows the true amount remaining.  Once all other devices have sync'd & you recheck the web client (in case any changes were sync'd from the devices), then all the devices should match what's on the web client. 

If you have a free account, you get support as time permits (premium users get priority).  This week, EN got hit with a DDoS, so I suspect support was pretty much backed up this week.

Yes, everything is fully synchronized without any errors (visible to me). I can still use web, android and iOS, they all show more or less the same number of allowance (less than half), but on my mac EN is blocked because "Performing operation would exceed your monthly upload allowance".

I know about ddos attack, but my ticket was posted 3 days before it. 

but on my mac EN is blocked because "Performing operation would exceed your monthly upload allowance".

Thanks for flagging. I do have something in the trash, but does it affect my monthly allowance?

Yes.

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/11458-upload-calculation-method/?p=54080

Empty your trash & it sounds like you should be able to sync.

but on my mac EN is blocked because "Performing operation would exceed your monthly upload allowance".

Yes.

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/11458-upload-calculation-method/?p=54080

Empty your trash & it sounds like you should be able to sync.

Nope, it didn't help. I don't think I've exceeded the quota – as I said, other clients still show about half of the quota, and are fully syncronized with the mac client. 

Nope, it didn't help. I don't think I've exceeded the quota – as I said, other clients still show about half of the quota, and are fully syncronized with the mac client.

Then it really sounds like you've exceeded the quota on the Mac. As in the link I posted above, the desktop clients keep an estimate of the changes you make.  It's larger on the Mac b/c you've added a lot of notes or changes that have not been sync'd to the EN servers b/c the Mac is telling you you've exceeded the monthly upload amount.  So it sounds like you've added/changed enough on the Mac, since it last sync'd, to exceed your quota.  So...it won't sync.  That's why the other devices show a lower amount, b/c the stuff from the Mac isn't syncing to the EN servers.  You can easily identify what's not been sync'd by viewing the sync field.  On the Windows client, it's in the list view.  I'd guess the Mac client has the same thing.  Then move all the unsync'd notes to a local notebook.  You should then be able to sync the Mac.  Then, a bit at a time, move the unsync'd notes to a sync'd notebook.

Then it really sounds like you've exceeded the quota on the Mac. As in the link I posted above, the desktop clients keep an estimate of the changes you make.  It's larger on the Mac b/c you've added a lot of notes or changes that have not been sync'd to the EN servers b/c the Mac is telling you you've exceeded the monthly upload amount.  So it sounds like you've added/changed enough on the Mac, since it last sync'd, to exceed your quota.  So...it won't sync.  That's why the other devices show a lower amount, b/c the stuff from the Mac isn't syncing to the EN servers.  You can easily identify what's not been sync'd by viewing the sync field.  On the Windows client, it's in the list view.  I'd guess the Mac client has the same thing.  Then move all the unsync'd notes to a local notebook.  You should then be able to sync the Mac.  Then, a bit at a time, move the unsync'd notes to a sync'd notebook.

I noticed the problem and reported it a week ago, when it was about 50% of the quota on my mac, and about 25% on other clients (fully syncronized). No unsynchronized notes. 

Bad news: EN support (via Russian forum) informed me that it can take up to 1 month, just to get a reply from EN support. Good news is that my allowance should be renewed in 18 days-) If it will be renewed at all, of course (https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/61624-monthly-quota-renewal-stopped/).

This is ridiculous. 

Apparently Evernote's Russian customer support had contacted you today, which means you got a reply form EN support in about 7 days (your initial post was 2 days ago, and you said you submitted 5 days prior). I don't know how this matches up with "it can take up to one month, just to get a reply from EN support". Could you explain what you mean?

In the mean time, could you also explain what the issue ended up being? Was there a glitch? or have you in fact just used up your quota?

Bad news: EN support (via Russian forum) informed me that it can take up to 1 month, just to get a reply from EN support. Good news is that my allowance should be renewed in 18 days-) If it will be renewed at all, of course (https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/61624-monthly-quota-renewal-stopped/).

This is ridiculous. 

Apparently Evernote's Russian customer support had contacted you today, which means you got a reply form EN support in about 7 days (your initial post was 2 days ago, and you said you submitted 5 days prior). I don't know how this matches up with "it can take up to one month, just to get a reply from EN support". Could you explain what you mean?

In the mean time, could you also explain what the issue ended up being? Was there a glitch? or have you in fact just used up your quota?

Russian support contacted me to inform that they took my ticket, which is absolutely NOT what I wanted.

My question (posted on the EN Russian forum) was – how long it would take? And their reply was – maybe a week, up to one month.

The issue is still there, of course: web, Android and iOS clients show 22 Mb remaining.

1i4rlVu.png

Mac client: 

X45MKNT.png

Notes created elsewhere are fully synchronized to the mac client, no errors. Therefore I don't think the quota is over.

Notes created elsewhere are fully synchronized to the mac client, no errors. Therefore I don't think the quota is over.

As i mentioned above, If you've added/changed enough on the Mac so that the Mac's estimate of amount used exceeds what's available, this would create the exact situation & error message you are describing.

As i mentioned above, If you've added/changed enough on the Mac so that the Mac's estimate of amount used exceeds what's available, this would create the exact situation & error message you are describing.

When I first noticed it and created the ticket, 41.4 MB were used on the mac and 14.3 MB on other devices. All fully sychronized.

I apologize for my ignorance here, but what is wrong with Russian support handling your ticket? 

Never had any positive experience with them. I honestly don't know why they exist. 90% of complaints posted on the Russian forum remain unattended, and the translation of EN blog they make is so bad that it's a real pain to read.

Besides, why? Because I speak Russian? I also speak French, German and Italian. 

Thanks for clarifying re: Russian support. 

I'm hoping that you'll have a response fairly quick... I mean if it really takes a month, well, your problem will resolve itself in 18 days (less now, I suppose), so what good would support do a month from now. Either way they have our ticket and we'll see what happens. 

I'd like to know what the problem ends up being. I'm sure fellow users would appreciate that too since it seems like the "standard" fixes aren't working for you. 

Archived