Cannot save Disqus reader comments

I find that I cannot use Evernote Web Clipper to save reader comments powered by Disqus.  Here are two sample sites demonstrating this problem:

There is just a blank area where the reader comments would be.

Clearly does the same thing.  

Selecting All in the Evernote Web Clipper and clipping the selection does not work either.

This problem is discussed for Zotero, a program similar to Evernote:

So far, the only way I can save these reader comments, which sometimes have more valuable information than the original articles, is by printing the whole article (including the expanded notes section) to a PDF file and saving that on my computer, then attaching it to a new Evernote note.

If anyone else has encountered this problem, or has another, more efficient solution, I would like to hear from you.

David

Scientists Fix Errors in Controversial Paper About Saturated Fats ScienceAAAS News - results from using Evernote Web Clipper.html

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

The work-around I use requires a couple of steps:

1. Use Evernote Web Clipper to capture the main body of the blog/article.
  2. Select the Disqus comments and copy them (Ctrl+C).
  3. Paste them into a new Evernote note.
  4. Merge the clipped note with the pasted Disqus comments note.

This does not necessarily result in a cleanly formatted note for easy reading, but all the content is there.

• 1 year later...

I'm having the same problem as those above. And it's now 2 years past the most recent post - and STILL an issue. Not good!!!

I'm using Safari on a Mac. Evernote Web Clipper ***** up somehow. When it works Clipper improves my productivity tremendously - when it doesn't UGGGGG - it's painful. It works fine on everything except Disqus Comments. Seems so crazy. Will copy on article from webpage, but not the Disqus comments from that same page.

Sure hope there's a remedy!

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a bit of a workaround for those interested. In my case, this worked with trying to capture Washington Post comments.

Let's say the goal would be to capture all currently visible comments. What I did was:

• Highlight any portion of text starting from the first comment. Continue to hold down the mouse/left-click.
  • Hit the "End" key on your keyboard. This should bring you down to roughly the end of the comments section.
  • Extend the highlighted section a little bit in order to ensure the last comment would be completely highlighted (you can let go of the mouse/left-click at this point).
  • Right-click on any section of the highlighted text, then select "Print".
  • Save as PDF.

It's obviously not an ideal solution nor an elegant one, but at least it works without too much fuss. I'm going to test this method with some other websites I frequent in order to determine if it could potentially represent a more generalized solution rather than for a select few use cases.