Emails sent to EN do not reach EN

This still doesn't work on a regular basis.  If I forward any piece of email that I don't care about, it seems to appear in Evernote almost instantly.  If I forward an email that I actually want in Evernote, it never seems to appear.  Even after days of waiting.

• Level 5*

Email is not a fail-safe method of sending information and Evernote probably have no control over many problems.  Messages are routed through different servers and domains that may have their own issues,  and may even have blocked traffic from some directions because of real or perceived spam attacks. 

Added to which Evernote itself has limits on how many messages can be received in one day - to prevent mistakes, or spam from flooding an account. 

If you really,  really want your message to reach Evernote -

1. There is a clipper for Outlook which directly places an email into a note.
  2. Browser clippers will capture web-based email,  and Chrome (and some apps) have clippers of their own specifically for mail.
  3. Worst case - drag and drop the message file into a note on a desktop and copy/ paste the content into the note for indexing.
  4. Even worse case - print it out and scan it again!

I found my problem to be an email address typed inside the message triggered Evernote's server filter to prevent the message from going through to my account.  I guess this is a warning that Evernote's advertised feature "Email Into Evernote" should not be used.

Email is not a fail-safe method of sending information and Evernote probably have no control over many problems.  Messages are routed through different servers and domains that may have their own issues,  and may even have blocked traffic from some directions because of real or perceived spam attacks. 

Added to which Evernote itself has limits on how many messages can be received in one day - to prevent mistakes, or spam from flooding an account. 

If you really,  really want your message to reach Evernote -

1. There is a clipper for Outlook which directly places an email into a note.
  2. Browser clippers will capture web-based email,  and Chrome (and some apps) have clippers of their own specifically for mail.
  3. Worst case - drag and drop the message file into a note on a desktop and copy/ paste the content into the note for indexing.
  4. Even worse case - print it out and scan it again!

1. This feature is not available on the MAC

2. True, but this feature does not work on mobile devices

3. Doesn't work for any web based email nor does it work on a mobile device

4. Again, time intensive and location dependant

This is an advertised feature that should work.  If Evernote prevents the message from going through to your account, as they did in my case, it would be nice to know that it failed and why.

• Level 5*

I found my problem to be an email address typed inside the message triggered Evernote's server filter to prevent the message from going through to my account.  I guess this is a warning that Evernote's advertised feature "Email Into Evernote" should not be used.

Are you saying the server flagged it as spam?  As long as most messages don't contain links that trigger as suspicious I'd say that service counts as working fine - I don't see how it conflates into a service that "should not be used".  My points were work-arounds,  suggestions for less risky methods of transport than email which is an old,  creaky process of which Evernote don't and can't have control. 

I use Windows and Android and email but tend to hedge my bets if it's essential that I have some document available - in the same way I wouldn't just email a document ahead of a meeting - I'd always take a paper copy with me.  I had cases today where I know I already responded to someone who rang me looking for confirmation that I'd be at a meeting,  but they didn't receive (or hadn't found) my email yet,  and another case where I sent out a query this morning and chased it up - and helped someone find it in their spam filter a few hours later.

Archived