(Archived) Evernote Android client breaks "Share" on Android

trentono

Hi,

The Evernote Android client does not seem to hook into the OS's "Share" functionality correctly. Now that I have installed the client, when I try to "Share" an item from an app, I am asked to choose between using "Android System" and "Evernote" to complete the action. The correct behaviour would be to include Evernote as an option in Android's Share menu (along with all of the other sharing options I have installed, Twidroid, Email, Gmail, etc.).

Thanks,

Trent

Hey folks -

Thanks for the comments. We're still exploring this and don't have any solutions at the moment. We're just following the Android recommended framework for receiving SEND intents from other applications. I've played with a few of the configuration options but they all result in pretty much the same thing. Sure enough Twidroid seems to do the right thing and appears in the Android System options.

We're still researching but I'm not sure if it could just be a due to the way the application is installed/signed.

If you've got ideas pass them along. We'll keep looking.

Thanks.

Hi,

The Evernote Android client does not seem to hook into the OS's "Share" functionality correctly. Now that I have installed the client, when I try to "Share" an item from an app, I am asked to choose between using "Android System" and "Evernote" to complete the action. The correct behaviour would be to include Evernote as an option in Android's Share menu (along with all of the other sharing options I have installed, Twidroid, Email, Gmail, etc.).

Thanks,

Trent

Hi,

I'm seeing exactly the same thing too. Sadly I have no ideas as to why it should be doing it.

Mike

Yeah, that's what keeps me from using the beta version, anyway, of the Android Evernote app more often. 3banana's a lot more limited, obviously, but it hooks into "Share," so I can stick a URL or chunk of text or whatever in there quickly and easily. If I could get that close, at least, to duplicating the "Clip to Evernote" functionality on my laptop, it'd be more useful to me.

BTW, I didn't mean to sound like I hated the EN app or anything, and the @myEN Twitter feature goes a long way to helping until the Share functionality's in place. Any link I feel compelled to RT, I can put into Evernote at the same time, and that's kewl.

I'm mostly just stoked about how good what is in the app already is.

BTW, I did figure out a workaround: Gmail is in Share, so I can just email to my Evernote address, for the time being.

Thanks for all the work on this - I've been waiting for an Evernote app.

Archived