Evernote for Android doesn't allow to reinstall

Hallo,

I'm have been using Evernote App for Android 4.3 on Galaxy SIII (German) for quite some time.

Yesterday I have decided to move evernote from my internal phone memory to my SD Card.

Unfortunately, this did not work for some reason and I cannot start Evernote anymore. Even worse: Android tells me evernote APP doesn't exist.

When I try to reinstall from Google play it downloads the app and - when it starts to  install - I get the "unknown error code at istallation '-24' "

(In German: Unbekannter Fehlercode beim Installieren der App "-24")

What can I do to be able to reinstall?

Burkhard

• Level 5*

This seems to be an Android error rather than an Evernote one - try searching the internet for some suggested fixes.  Provided you're happy that there is no unsynced Evernote data on your phone,  the best option seems likely to be to use a file manager app to search for and delete "com.evernote" style leftovers - any filename that is clearly Evernote.  Then restart the phone and retry the download and install.

Thank you very much!

I deleted everything that looked like "com.evernote" except I was unable to delete a folder in the root-folder (my phone is not rooted) called "mnt/asec./com.evernote-1" and has subfolders "lib" and "lost+found" and a file with and evernote icon called "pkg.apk".

I also have a folder on my phone directory called EVERNOTE which contains all the photos and doc-photos I ever took with evernote. Nothing else. I guessed I don't have to delete this.

When I try to reinstall evernote I still have the same problem with the same error message.

I tried to restart the phone with and without external card. No change However, there is another bug, (related or not to the bug with reinstalling evernote) I can only start the phone without the external SDCard...

Any advise?

Will try to search in Android forums...

Thanks again!

B

• Level 5*

:huh:  Nope sorry - that was the limit of my acquaintance with Android issues.  If you haven't already gone the support ticket route with Evernote (see below) I suggest you check with them.  Good luck - and please let us know the fix when you find it!

• 3 years later...
  • Level 5*
8 hours ago, Mike11310 said:

I can not reinstall evernote on my Samsung A5 Android, "Unfortunatly Evernote has stopped"

Odd.  Is it possible to uninstall?  If so,  I would suggest you try installing again...

Archived