Marxico - The Missing Markdown Editor for Evernote

26 minutes ago, CarloG said:

Thanks a lot for your qucik reply, Gock.

That is interesting, but unfortunately the DIV is broken by any heading put in the middle. Furthermore I can't find a way to decide which text to put in each column.

The following is what I would like to obtain:

###Left title                     ###Right title
Lorem ipsum dolor         Nunc nec porta turpis.
sit amet, consectetur      Morbi a mi sed lorem
adipiscing elit. Sed         vestibulum laoreet
sodales odio tortor, id     quis ac sem.
rutrum ante mattis id.     Quisque suscipit

My first use case would be the translation of a text in two languages.

Thanks for your support.

Carlo

In your occasion, I think you should use table. Press Cmd+Opt+T or Ctrl+Alt+T to insert one. If you have any more questions, please email me hustgock@gmail.com or send me private message.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Gock,
Thanks a lot for your support.

I'm wondering: do you have any plan to include support for further extended table functionalities provided by MultiMarkdown and other similar libraries? I mean the possibility to have cells spanning multiple columns (or even row) and chances to include more then one row in the header.

For instance:

|             |          Spanning Header (Two Cells)           ||
Header 1 | Header  2| Header 2 |
 ------------ | :-----------: | -----------: |
Content 1      |          *Spanning Cell*        ||
Content  2     |   **Cell Bold**    |         Cell |
New section   |     More      |         Data |
And more      |            And more          |

Thank you.

Regards,
Carlo

On 2016/3/25 at 6:32 PM, CarloG said:

Hello Gock,

I'm wondering: do you have any plan to include support for further extended table functionalities provided by MultiMarkdown and other similar libraries? I mean the possibility to have cells spanning multiple columns (or even row) and chances to include more then one row in the header.

For instance:

Thank you.

Regards,
Carlo

I'll add cell span in the next version.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a way to remove the headers and footers that say "Doc NAME - Marxico - Markdown Editor for Evernote" and "http:/marxi.co" at the bottom when I save PDFs from Marxico?

For paying users it seems like I should be able to turn this off (to make more professional looking reports straight from maxico), but right now it requires a multi-step approach. Am I missing anything?

As always, great product and I really appreciate it.

-JE

• 2 months later...

Hi Gock

Great application! I am now a paying user. I have one feedback: printing a synced note from Evernote produces a very long file (e.g. the introduction to marxico becomes 18 pages instead of 7). This is due to a "2" on every line on 11 pages. Don't know how to get rid of that

Any suggestions?
Attached is the pdf-file with the problem.Evernote.pdf

Cheers

Renger

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2016 at 8:49 AM, Evil Overlord said:

It looks powerful and I'd buy it in a heartbeat if only it had a single price tag.

Sadly though it's a 10-day trial followed by an annual subscription payment... for a text editor!

Subscription models might be acceptable for things that have ongoing costs like cloud storage, etc but annual payments to continue running a program? I cannot support that.

how about considering ongoing development cost for updates (and developer's life)? I agreed that it's not cheap, but I wouldn't call it expensive either. Just fair for such a decent tool that is still in constant development. 

• Like 1

Hi Gock

It would be great if one could see the 3 "`" of the code block. It is now very hard to add copied lines or add the Language information. What happens is that all code after the line breaks appear as normal text. I also had problems adding the language information (although having "R" (r) as programming language information doesn't do a lot.

Another wish: could you implement automatically closing the `?

Cheers

Renger

18 hours ago, Renger van Nieuwkoop said:

Hi Gock

It would be great if one could see the 3 "`" of the code block. It is now very hard to add copied lines or add the Language information. What happens is that all code after the line breaks appear as normal text. I also had problems adding the language information (although having "R" (r) as programming language information doesn't do a lot.

Another wish: could you implement automatically closing the `?

Cheers

Renger

I used to try to add language name on the top of the block. But it didn't look well. You may add the language info as comment in the code block. 

I'll try to implement code block auto-pairing.

If you have further questions or advise, I recommend you contact me with email hustgock@gmail.com.

• 1 month later...

Hi! Great editor!

I'm falling in love again! Just a problem, when using the desktop app with a french keyboard layout, the shortcut to type "{" (ALT + ') create a new document so can't type any LaTeX. Temporaly, I use a US keyboard layout to fix this.

Can you fix it^

Thank you!

On 2016/9/7 at 11:21 PM, hugolapointe said:

Hi! Great editor!

I'm falling in love again! Just a problem, when using the desktop app with a french keyboard layout, the shortcut to type "{" (ALT + ') create a new document so can't type any LaTeX. Temporaly, I use a US keyboard layout to fix this.

Can you fix it^

Thank you!

Thanks for your feedback. OK, I'll try to add custom shortcuts. This will solve your problem.

On 2016/9/18 at 3:39 AM, Ghost9 said:

Hi gock,

Marxico is awesome. I have two question.

1. When I lunch Marxico I've got splited markdown and preview window. Can I run Marxico with opened editor window (without preview) and fullscreen?

2. How can I send selected text to Marxico without using Cmd+Tab or Alt+Tab keys? Something like this: http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20130611114324237

Thanks.

Thanks for your feedback.

1. Not now. I'll make the editor window memorize its last state in the next version.

2. I'm afraid you can't. I'll investigate whether Marxico can support this feature.

Hi gock,

for some reason the TOC isn´t working anymore. As soon as I open the Marxico note in the Evernote client or web view, it opens Safari on my Mac or it opens a new Evernote tab in my browser. But it´s effectively not jumping to the marker!

Any idea?

Best regards

Michael

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/27/2016 at 7:08 AM, gock said:
On 3/25/2016 at 5:32 AM, CarloG said:

Hello Gock,

For instance:

Thank you.

Regards,
Carlo

I'll add cell span in the next version.

Is this implemented? I can't seem to get it working if it is:

SNAG-0002.png

• 1 month later...

Hi Gock.

I found another use for Marxico, and perhaps you could earn some well deserved revenue for all your hard work.

I use the Marxico on my Android device (I made a shortcut to my home screen) because it's the only way to be able to correctly format text on the phone.

• This is the only way I can cut-paste test from different sources and keep font consistent
  • This is the only way I can create tables
  • This is the only way I can create decent highlights
  • This is the only way I can enter formulas

Marxico has given a lot of power to the Mobile Evernote user (even if it was not perhaps the intended use)

Personally I think Evernote should partner with you to create a mobile app interface, or use Marxico as a layer and then build on top of it for folks who can't grasp MarkDown formatting.

Marxico has solves every formatting problem on the Android device ... that's gotta be worth something.

On 2017/2/7 at 7:38 PM, Lutherian said:

Hi Gock.

I found another use for Marxico, and perhaps you could earn some well deserved revenue for all your hard work.

I use the Marxico on my Android device (I made a shortcut to my home screen) because it's the only way to be able to correctly format text on the phone.

• This is the only way I can cut-paste test from different sources and keep font consistent
  • This is the only way I can create tables
  • This is the only way I can create decent highlights
  • This is the only way I can enter formulas

Marxico has given a lot of power to the Mobile Evernote user (even if it was not perhaps the intended use)

Personally I think Evernote should partner with you to create a mobile app interface, or use Marxico as a layer and then build on top of it for folks who can't grasp MarkDown formatting.

Marxico has solves every formatting problem on the Android device ... that's gotta be worth something.

Thanks for sharing your practice. It is good to hear that Marxico helps you a lot on Android. Marxico won't charge extra except annual Pro fee. :) 

As with the previous post I too liked this on Android, it seemed to work well and is the best way to format notes on Android.  But a day or two ago it got stuck on the Loading screen and won't go any further.  Initially I presumed this was just an Android thing and I was lucky the first time round.

Now I'm back on my desktop and I'm seeing similar issues.  When I examine a little deeper I can see that Firefox reports certificate issues and that there are some 403 errors for some of the files required. Vivaldi reports similar issues.   That said I can still access a note I recently worked on in Chrome (but it might just have that page cached).

Is there are an issue with Marxi.co in general ? Or am I missing something?

(I'm almost at the end of the 10 day trial so the choice of whether to subscribe or now now hangs in the balance)

4 hours ago, Reldas said:

As with the previous post I too liked this on Android, it seemed to work well and is the best way to format notes on Android.  But a day or two ago it got stuck on the Loading screen and won't go any further.  Initially I presumed this was just an Android thing and I was lucky the first time round.

Now I'm back on my desktop and I'm seeing similar issues.  When I examine a little deeper I can see that Firefox reports certificate issues and that there are some 403 errors for some of the files required. Vivaldi reports similar issues.   That said I can still access a note I recently worked on in Chrome (but it might just have that page cached).

(I'm almost at the end of the 10 day trial so the choice of whether to subscribe or now now hangs in the balance)

+1 I confirm that marxi.co freeze actually 

• Like 1
On 2017/2/17 at 9:39 PM, m0ll3art said:

+1 I confirm that marxi.co freeze actually 

On 2017/2/17 at 5:08 PM, Reldas said:

Sorry that I didn't read and respond the forum feedback in time. Marxico is definitely running and supported well. Usually if Marxico gone down because of any network or server problem, I would receive many feedback emails immediately and I'll fix it ASAP. 

This time I didn't get any and it worked fine in my place. So I guess it was a CDN problem, which only affected part of users. Turns out it was my AWS account suspended because of my credit card expired. I'm fixing this and it should be working soon.
  • 1 month later...

I am trying to add in custom css to change the code block background color. I have all my coding notes done a certain way and I was hoping to be able to do that no matter what I do it doesn't change the background color, is there something I am missing?

Code I am trying to change

.hljs-dark .hljs {
    display: block;
    padding: .5em;
    background: #354553;
}

On 2017/4/5 at 4:55 AM, 8BitFire said:

I am trying to add in custom css to change the code block background color. I have all my coding notes done a certain way and I was hoping to be able to do that no matter what I do it doesn't change the background color, is there something I am missing?

Code I am trying to change

.hljs-dark .hljs {
    display: block;
    padding: .5em;
    background: #354553;
}

It works on my client. Did you add other CSS? Try to add !important to the rule.

• 3 months later...
On 2017/7/21 at 7:32 PM, Ghost9 said:

No updates for a very long time. Is project alive? Missing full-text search and document grouping.

I'm still working on the new version. I'm afraid full-text search would be hard. Have you tried @(demo notebook)[tag1,tag2] to group documents?

On 2017/8/3 at 6:20 AM, TattedTech said:

@gock This app is awesome. I have been looking for something like this. My only issue is the spacing of the code blocks when they render into Evernote. Is there any way to get rid of the extra space? View link for example

https://www.evernote.com/l/AN29gusdDzlNMJpP6qkQ229fhFaAuasqNeo

@TattedTech This is a bug introduced by latest Evernote client. It should look fine on the Evernote Web. I'll try to fix this.

@gock Great! I just verified that it is correct on the web.

To really take this app to the next level, have you considered making it an atom/sublime package? It would lessen your need to maintain the client and the increased integration will help pull in more of the market.

• 7 months later...

Hi everyone,

@gock thanks for this. It looks and works great for markdown. I wonder is there similar WYSIWYG for Evernote xml or HTML that can seamlessly work with Evernote? 10q

On 09/06/2014 at 6:35 PM, gock said:

Marxico is a delicate Markdown editor for Evernote. With reliable storage and sync powered by Evernote, Marxico offers greate writing experience.

• Versatile - supporting code highlight & LaTex, inserting images by all means.
  • Exquisite - neat but powerful editor, featuring offline docs, shortcuts, live preview
  • Sophisticated - deeply integrated with Evernote, supporting notebook & tags, two-way bind editing.

Visit the website http://marxi.co , or download the offline Chrome App!

1.png

2.png

3.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 18.40.21.png

• 8 months later...

Hey, I really love Marxico, and I've been using it A LOT.

But there is one thing, that has bugged me from the beginning, and thats that the TOC links dont work. Neither in the Evernote webapp, nor on the mobile client or on a shared page.

Currently I have a large note, and having a working TOC would be awesome. Could you fix that?

On 11/19/2018 at 6:25 PM, FelixGK said:

Hey, I really love Marxico, and I've been using it A LOT.

But there is one thing, that has bugged me from the beginning, and thats that the TOC links dont work. Neither in the Evernote webapp, nor on the mobile client or on a shared page.

Currently I have a large note, and having a working TOC would be awesome. Could you fix that?

I've tried everything but couldn't find a way to implement it in Evernote. They have forbid inline links. Sorry.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...