Marxico - The Missing Markdown Editor for Evernote

Marxico is a delicate Markdown editor for Evernote. With reliable storage and sync powered by Evernote, Marxico offers greate writing experience.

• Versatile - supporting code highlight & LaTex, inserting images by all means.
  • Exquisite - neat but powerful editor, featuring offline docs, shortcuts, live preview
  • Sophisticated - deeply integrated with Evernote, supporting notebook & tags, two-way bind editing.

Visit the website http://marxi.co , or download the offline Chrome App!

1.png

2.png

3.png

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your advice! It is a little hard to communicate data with desktop application, at least I have no idea now. I'll investigate it.

hi,

very impressive application, but I have some feature requests:
Import from desktop application
export to desktop application
export to evernote as markdown and not as html

Hi,

It looks great.

I could save notes to Evernote from marxi.co, yet when I click in the Evernote Web App on the red ribbon to edit the note I get 404 error instead of opening the note in marxi.co

Why is that?

• Like 1

@Royi   Thanks for your feedback. The bug is quite weird. Have you tried another time ? Or another note? 

Hi,

It looks great.

I could save notes to Evernote from marxi.co, yet when I click in the Evernote Web App on the red ribbon to edit the note I get 404 error instead of opening the note in marxi.co

Why is that?

Sorry it doesn't work on mobile. But it can run on almost all desktop platform, as long as you get Chrome. :)

It looks most impressive, Gock! :) :) :)

Does the App work on both Windows and Android?

Gock, in relation (I think) to this post by Loriswave, as well as to the question in my other post - wouldn't anything created in Marxico be saved to the Evernote servers, provided you link it to your EN account, and later acessible for viewing & editing, just as with any other note *not* created using your program?

hi,

Well that was certainly a quick reply! :P. Any future plans to include mobile devices?

Sorry it doesn't work on mobile. But it can run on almost all desktop platform, as long as you get Chrome. :)

To be honest, I'm not quite sure about that. Because the desktop version still needs a lot of work and enhancement. I'll focus on it first. 

Well that was certainly a quick reply! :P. Any future plans to include mobile devices?

I guess you are concerned with your privacy?  I promise:

1. Marxico wouldn't save any notes data on its own server.

2. Marxico wouldn't get any note that is not created by Marxico.

Theoretically, Marxico does have the ability to do something evil, but it wouldn't do that. Just like the other cloud services that make your life more convenient. So please don't worry. :)

Gock, in relation (I think) to this post by Loriswave, as well as to the question in my other post - wouldn't anything created in Marxico be saved to the Evernote servers, provided you link it to your EN account, and later acessible for viewing & editing, just as with any other note *not* created using your program?

hi,

@Royi   Thanks for your feedback. The bug is quite weird. Have you tried another time ? Or another note? 

Hi,

It looks great.

Why is that?

Tried different times, computers, etc...

Same result:

N47xKxI.png

What's wrong?

Oops, it was a bug! The moment I saw your screenshot, I immediately realized what was wrong. It is OK now, please try again. Thank you very much!

Hi,

It looks great.

Why is that?

Tried different times, computers, etc...

Same result:

N47xKxI.png

What's wrong?

I'm afraid not. Marxico would focus on Evernote for a long time.

@gock,

Thanks it seems to be working now.

Do you think you can add Google Drive integration with real time collaboration?

Thanks.

Gock, if it's me your replying to, no I'm not concerned about security (well, not in this case ;) ), what I was trying to ask was this:

If notes are prepared in Marxico and saved to Evermote, can these same notes opened and added to, and/or edited, right in side the desktop Evernote app itself? Or do you have to open them in Marxico to edit and/or add to them?

Also,

* Do you have a price point in mind for your final product?

* Could this software also be use to prepare formatted blog posts drafts for WordPress?

I guess you are concerned with your privacy? I promise:

Theoretically, Marxico does have the ability to do something evil, but it wouldn't do that. Just like the other cloud services that make your life more convenient. So please don't worry. :)

hi,

Sorry I got you wrong. As mentioned in the welcome document, currently you can only edit your notes in Marxico. Marxico cannot recognize the modifications you made in Evernote. But it is very easy to open a note in Marxico from Evernote because there's a quick edit button in every note.

About the price, yes, it would charge some fee when finally released.

I'm afraid Marxico won't support Wordpress in the near future. It will focus on Evernote first.

Gock, if it's me your replying to, no I'm not concerned about security (well, not in this case ;) ), what I was trying to ask was this:

If notes are prepared in Marxico and saved to Evermote, can these same notes opened and added to, and/or edited, right in side the desktop Evernote app itself? Or do you have to open them in Marxico to edit and/or add to them?

Also,

* Could this software also be use to prepare formatted blog posts drafts for WordPress?

Theoretically, Marxico does have the ability to do something evil, but it wouldn't do that. Just like the other cloud services that make your life more convenient. So please don't worry. :)

hi,

Thank you. :) I look forward to hearing more about you app as time progresses.

Sorry I got you wrong. As mentioned in the welcome document, currently you can only edit your notes in Marxico. Marxico cannot recognize the modifications you made in Evernote. But it is very easy to open a note in Marxico from Evernote because there's a quick edit button in every note.

About the price, yes, it would charge some fee when finally released.

I'm afraid Marxico won't support Wordpress in the near future. It will focus on Evernote first.

Also,

hi,

Sync notes? You mean sync to Evernote? It has already supported that! Either I get you wrong, or you had experienced some weird bugs.

Awesome job!! I really loved your app's design and idea but for me it's pretty useless if it doesn't sync my notes. Should I wait for updates or you'll never support that feature?? 

Your idea is great. I really like it. But right now there are too many bugs. In five minutes it crashed my desktop Evernote client and web version doesn't load anymore. Local version sync only new content for web. And it's just critical bugs.

I really wish luck to this project, but it's unusable right now.

Ok, not sync with desktop but please add the possibility to resend to Evernote the plain markdown text, so you can edit the file without marxico on android.

My workflow is based on windows and Android so I need full compatibility.

Sync notes? You mean sync to Evernote? It has already supported that! Either I get you wrong, or you had experienced some weird bugs.

Yeah, Marxico syncs the content that I create within it to  Evernote but it doesn't "load" what I've previously had written in the official web page or the android client.  

Marxico can only sync and edit notes created by itself. Your previous notes wouldn't be synced. Because Marxico couldn't parse them asMarkdown.

Yeah, Marxico syncs the content that I create within it to  Evernote but it doesn't "load" what I've previously had written in the official web page or the android client.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi gock,

Great tool. Would it be possible to save the actual markdown text as attachment (e.g. marxico.md) and use this as your source. Alternatively you could have the markdown text as note and the generated HTML as attachment. Either way it would place both source and generated content into Evernote. One of the things i'm concerned about is that the project in a couple of weeks/months/years might be discontinued and all markdown data is lost.

UPDATE:

Never mind, it was just pointed out to me that the content is saved hidden in the note. Anyways, I think having an attachment is preferable and much more obvious. I even could use an offline markdown editor to edit the attachment and use marxico (or another tool) to generate the HTML. Alternatively evernote comes up with a markdown view ;)

Enrico

Marxico can only sync and edit notes created by itself. Your previous notes wouldn't be synced. Because Marxico couldn't parse them asMarkdown.

• 1 month later...

Hi Gock,

Nice job with the app.

But it seems that the notes which was created in Marxico and then synced to Evernote cannot sync the editing in Evernote back to Marxico.

For example, I created a note in Marxico and then synced it to Evetnote. Then I needed to add something to that note, so I did it in Evernote. But when I open this note again in Aarxico, the 'something' that I have added wasn't there. And when I synced the note from Marxico to Evernote, I got a conflict error.

Sad to say, yes, you can only edit the note in Marxico now. Editing in Evernote requires parsing HTML to Markdown, which is quite difficult and unpredictable. But I'll try it in the future.

Hi Gock,

Nice job with the app.

But it seems that the notes which was created in Marxico and then synced to Evernote cannot sync the editing in Evernote back to Marxico.

For example, I created a note in Marxico and then synced it to Evetnote. Then I needed to add something to that note, so I did it in Evernote. But when I open this note again in Aarxico, the 'something' that I have added wasn't there. And when I synced the note from Marxico to Evernote, I got a conflict error.

• Level 5*

Sad to say, yes, you can only edit the note in Marxico now. Editing in Evernote requires parsing HTML to Markdown, which is quite difficult and unpredictable. But I'll try it in the future.

I think that that's rather the whole crux of the Evernote/Markdown issue: general HTML and Markdown aren't really equivalent in terms of what they can express. I would think that Markdown would be great for quickly jotting off a simply formatted note (so a good means of input into Evernote), but you can't expect roundtripping with HTML to work in general.

• 4 weeks later...

There's a function called Preview Document on the right side menu. Perhaps I need to add a shortcut key for it. 

Can you add "Toggle resize" button to the preview side as well? It is logical to have the same UI button on both sides. What do you think?

Hey Gock,

I really like your concept.

Help me out, I am a bit confused... how do you launch the Chrome extension version of the app?

Thanks!

Normally, Chrome would create a Chrome App shortcut on launch bar, whether on Windows, Ubuntu or Mac. Check screenshots on google.

Another way is just opening an empty Chrome window, there would be an app launcher icon on the page, either on left-top on right-top.

BTW, on Mac you can just search Marxico in Spotlight.

Ah, got it.

Thanks!

Somehow I lost my App Launcher.

But found the Google Help page to bring it back:

If you don’t see App Launcher in your Taskbar (Windows) or your Dock (Mac), here’s how you can get it back:

Windows
  1. Click the Start menu.
  2. Select All programs.
  3. Select Google Chrome.
  4. Right-click the App Launcher.
  5. Click Pin to Taskbar.
Mac
  1. Go to Finder and type "App Launcher" in the search box. You can also use the Spotlight search box at the top right of your screen.
  2. Drag the App Launcher icon to your Dock.
Linux
  1. Search your computer for "Chrome App Launcher."
  2. Pin it to your system's launcher or panel for easy access.

Definitely! Available on the next version.

Marxico is AMAZING!! Just what I've been looking for, and so glad to have found it just before abandoning evernote in frustration.

One extra feature that I'd love ... any chance of adding image-size in markdown like this?

This is a great app. Thank you for the great work!

I tried to find out and tested to see if you can do [TOC] with Marxico at the moment. That feature doesn't seem to exist at the moment.

Is that in the pipeline as an upcoming feature?

Is there something I can do as a workaround?

Yes, [TOC] will be available on the next version. I'm working on it. 

This is a great app. Thank you for the great work!

I tried to find out and tested to see if you can do [TOC] with Marxico at the moment. That feature doesn't seem to exist at the moment.

Is that in the pipeline as an upcoming feature?

Is there something I can do as a workaround?

Great app!!! Really great work!!!

Can you add one small thing to the Chrome App, can you add functionality so that after launching the App, the tab with the evernote link is closed automatically?

I use Firefox as my default browser and I made an extension to launch chrome through Firefox for evernote links just for this :)

Hi gock, this is an amazing app. It really transforms evernote from a "place to hold stuff" into a place for content creation. Thank you.  I will happily pay for it once it gets to that point.

Two thoughts:

(1) Where is the Markdown stored? I only see the html in evernote, but I want to make sure I have a future-proof way of getting back to the underlying source (specifically the latex for me). Is there / could there be some way to access the source code without marxico? If I am going to move more of my content creation into evernote through marxico, this is an unfortunate necessity for me.

(2) It would be awesome if there was a feature to reference other notes from Marxico.  For example, sometimes I want to provide a link to pdf I have uploaded as a separate note. Any chance that might be possible in the future?

EDIT: An earlier post says that the markdown is hidden inside the note but I cannot seem to figure out how to view it from the website or Nixnote (linux client for evernote). Is there a chance its only accessible on the windows or mac client? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Again, I love the app and am really impressed with how many features are already included. Thanks.

Hi Enrico,

I cannot figure out where the markdown is saved hidden in the note. Could you provide me some guidance on this? Thanks a ton!

-John

Hi gock,

Great tool. Would it be possible to save the actual markdown text as attachment (e.g. marxico.md) and use this as your source. Alternatively you could have the markdown text as note and the generated HTML as attachment. Either way it would place both source and generated content into Evernote. One of the things i'm concerned about is that the project in a couple of weeks/months/years might be discontinued and all markdown data is lost.

UPDATE:

Never mind, it was just pointed out to me that the content is saved hidden in the note. Anyways, I think having an attachment is preferable and much more obvious. I even could use an offline markdown editor to edit the attachment and use marxico (or another tool) to generate the HTML. Alternatively evernote comes up with a markdown view ;)

Enrico

The markdown text is stored in a hidden area of your note, below what you actually see. To see it, you need to know a little about Web developing. You can log in Evernote web via Chrome, open a note created from Marxico, then inspect the document elements by DevTools. You will see a <center> element with your encoded markdown content. Just executing `unescape(...)` in console  would decode it. This lecture would help you know the basic of Devtools. Here is my screeenshot.

The whole steps is actually quite easy for someone knowing about programming. Marxico has many users like that, and they are convinced, so please don't worry. I will provide a tool to extract the markdown content in the future to dispel your and others' concern.

Linking other notes would be awesome, and I'm planning to add it in the next next version. :)

tempmarkdown.png

Hi gock, this is an amazing app. It really transforms evernote from a "place to hold stuff" into a place for content creation. Thank you.  I will happily pay for it once it gets to that point.

Two thoughts:

(1) Where is the Markdown stored? I only see the html in evernote, but I want to make sure I have a future-proof way of getting back to the underlying source (specifically the latex for me). Is there / could there be some way to access the source code without marxico? If I am going to move more of my content creation into evernote through marxico, this is an unfortunate necessity for me.

(2) It would be awesome if there was a feature to reference other notes from Marxico.  For example, sometimes I want to provide a link to pdf I have uploaded as a separate note. Any chance that might be possible in the future?

EDIT: An earlier post says that the markdown is hidden inside the note but I cannot seem to figure out how to view it from the website or Nixnote (linux client for evernote). Is there a chance its only accessible on the windows or mac client? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Again, I love the app and am really impressed with how many features are already included. Thanks.

This app is incredible. I've only discovered it yesterday and I've completely stopped using Evernote to edit my notes, only to organize them. Prior to this I was in the process of using Markdownpad to create my notes in markdown and then copy and paste but this app does such a better job as it can easily retrieve and edit notes that have been created in markdown inside of EN without having to copy/paste into another editor and then back into EN.

I also can't believe the features that are already built-in. It feels like this app has been refined over the course of months or even years of feedback. Truly amazing. It even has some features that Markdownpad does NOT have that that app is considered a full-featured markdown editor. Just crazy.

If I were to make a couple of suggestions it would be to auto sync more frequently and without a prompt, and also the addition of a spell checker (underline misspelled words and right click to correct) would be awesome.

Thanks for everything. All EN power users need to know about this! We can finally create structured, easy to read, and beautiful notes with little to NO effort. And the best part? BUILT-IN CODE HIGHLIGHTING. Seriously this feels too good to be true. haha.

Thank you very much! What you say is really inspiring and I appreciate that.

I must say you are insightful because Marxico was actually first released about a year ago, and just got its English version three months ago. That's why it looks refined (yet having a long way to go).

Currently I'm working on the next version with many great features such as table of content, checklist, footnote, mobile web and spell checker. So stay tuned! :)

This app is incredible. I've only discovered it yesterday and I've completely stopped using Evernote to edit my notes, only to organize them. Prior to this I was in the process of using Markdownpad to create my notes in markdown and then copy and paste but this app does such a better job as it can easily retrieve and edit notes that have been created in markdown inside of EN without having to copy/paste into another editor and then back into EN.

I also can't believe the features that are already built-in. It feels like this app has been refined over the course of months or even years of feedback. Truly amazing. It even has some features that Markdownpad does NOT have that that app is considered a full-featured markdown editor. Just crazy.

If I were to make a couple of suggestions it would be to auto sync more frequently and without a prompt, and also the addition of a spell checker (underline misspelled words and right click to correct) would be awesome.

Thanks for everything. All EN power users need to know about this! We can finally create structured, easy to read, and beautiful notes with little to NO effort. And the best part? BUILT-IN CODE HIGHLIGHTING. Seriously this feels too good to be true. haha.

Hello gock,

I'm absolutely astonished with this app.  Congratulations!!

So far, just found an issue.  I my case, I need to write in Markdown for work, with a Evernote Business account.

Writing to Personal Notebooks works like a charm, but it's not possible to write to Business Notebooks:

• If one creates a note as personal and then moves it to a business notebook, clicking on the ribbon for edition causes Marxico to open showing an "Unauthoized" message.  See screenshot below.

• When starting a note from scratch in Marxico, it's not possible to associate a Business notenook with "@("; business notebooks are completely missing from the selection list.

I hope this issue(s) would be tackled in a future release of Marxico.

Thanks in advance.

Julián

post-232935-0-36932400-1415253897_thumb.

Hello Gock,

Thank you so much for this app! With it I can finally start using Evernote! 

Just wondering if there's a place where you keep a list of upcoming features. As much as I love the app, I feel that it's yet perfect and I'd like to know what features are coming. 

Personally, I really hope to have the following:

1. UML sequence diagram using js-sequence-diagrams.

2. Default contents. For example, I'd like to have @(Sample notebook)[Marxico|Markdown] as the default content for every new document I create and sync to Evernote.

3. A special comment syntax like <!--- StackEdit Comment --> from StackEdit.

4. Definition List from Markdown Extra.

5. Shortcut customization and more shortcut options, like toggle preview.

6. Two side scrolling. Currently scrolling in editor scrolls preview, can we also have it the other way?

7. Dropbox and/or Google Doc sync.

It does not work on business notebooks. Because this part of Evernote API sucks. The good news is that Evernote will release new SDK soon then I'll follow up.

Hello gock,

I'm absolutely astonished with this app.  Congratulations!!

So far, just found an issue.  I my case, I need to write in Markdown for work, with a Evernote Business account.

Writing to Personal Notebooks works like a charm, but it's not possible to write to Business Notebooks:

• If one creates a note as personal and then moves it to a business notebook, clicking on the ribbon for edition causes Marxico to open showing an "Unauthoized" message.  See screenshot below.

• When starting a note from scratch in Marxico, it's not possible to associate a Business notenook with "@("; business notebooks are completely missing from the selection list.

I hope this issue(s) would be tackled in a future release of Marxico.

Thanks in advance.

Julián

Thanks for your advice. I am working on the next version, which will satisfy some of your requests such as UML, comment, definition list, two side scrolling. Other requests will need more consideration.

Hello Gock,

Thank you so much for this app! With it I can finally start using Evernote! 

Just wondering if there's a place where you keep a list of upcoming features. As much as I love the app, I feel that it's yet perfect and I'd like to know what features are coming. 

Personally, I really hope to have the following:

1. UML sequence diagram using js-sequence-diagrams.

2. Default contents. For example, I'd like to have @(Sample notebook)[Marxico|Markdown] as the default content for every new document I create and sync to Evernote.

3. A special comment syntax like <!--- StackEdit Comment --> from StackEdit.

4. Definition List from Markdown Extra.

5. Shortcut customization and more shortcut options, like toggle preview.

6. Two side scrolling. Currently scrolling in editor scrolls preview, can we also have it the other way?

7. Dropbox and/or Google Doc sync.

Really great app, as other said I'm switching to use Marxico as default content editor and Evernote just as an organizer.

Is it possible in Marxico to insert custom HTML and format it? For example, i would like to create a custom text with red color but when i tried to use 

<span style="color:red">Custom Text</span>

inside Marxico, the html was displayed as plain text and not as a stylized text.

Any way to solve this? If is not possible right now, maybe this could be a feature valid for a future version.

In any case, great job! :-)

• Level 5*

This is very interesting. I am just getting into Markdown and I am on Windows. I use Drafts on iOS, but this looks like a great Windows solution. Very nice job from what I've seen so far.

Inserting HTML will also be available on the next version.

Really great app, as other said I'm switching to use Marxico as default content editor and Evernote just as an organizer.

Is it possible in Marxico to insert custom HTML and format it? For example, i would like to create a custom text with red color but when i tried to use 

<span style="color:red">Custom Text</span>

inside Marxico, the html was displayed as plain text and not as a stylized text.

Any way to solve this? If is not possible right now, maybe this could be a feature valid for a future version.

In any case, great job! :-)

Hi Gock,

I understand that you are not focusing on mobile right now. But could you make the site a bit more mobile-friendly on iOS Safari (or iOS Chrome)?

Sometimes I just wanna jog a thing or two down while I'm on the go with my iPhone. However as of right now, I can't seem to be able to close the Document Picker after it's popped up.

Thanks for the awesome tool!

That's exactly my plan. The next version will be mobile-friendly. 

Hi Gock,

I understand that you are not focusing on mobile right now. But could you make the site a bit more mobile-friendly on iOS Safari (or iOS Chrome)?

Sometimes I just wanna jog a thing or two down while I'm on the go with my iPhone. However as of right now, I can't seem to be able to close the Document Picker after it's popped up.

Thanks for the awesome cool!

Hi Gock,

The online version of marxico (http://marxi.co/) seems to have some issues loading font/icon in latest Chrome( Version 38.0.2125.122), see screenshot here: http://cl.ly/image/192c1J1n0H2h. Here are the errors in the developer console: http://cl.ly/image/3h3y3h193u3C. 

This seems to be related to this issue: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12229844/amazon-s3-cors-cross-origin-resource-sharing-and-firefox-cross-domain-font-loa. 

It works fine in Safari btw. Could you look into this please?

Thank you!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like to say a big thank you for this application, I just found it today and I must say i'm extremely impressed. I'm a scientist who has to deal with large equations and the Latex in marxico is simply amazing. You have managed to turn evernote from a simple note taking application into a very powerful lab book.

If I can make a couple suggestions (although I appreciate these are rather bespoke to me):

1. Fortran highlight support could use a revamp. It seems it doesn't highlight variables.
  2. The Latex equations look great, although for anyone in physics the ability to use dirac notation would be amazing. This is where you have something like <ij|kl>. Proper formatting is normally enabled by using \usepackage{braket}, or better yet something like \mathcode`<="4268 \mathcode`>="5269 
  3. Some type of caption support may be useful.
  4. The ability to tag any note written in evernote as openable in marxico would be helpful.
  5. The ability to one day push to ghost may be useful (which I believe is already in markdown).

Please let me know if there is anywhere more official you would want feedback left, i.e a bugzilla or github page.

Simon.

When using Marxico I can only open notes created via Marxico, I do not have access from within Marxico to other Evernotes.

Under File, Open File is not available. Is this the current functionality or is my my setup wrong? I tried reauthorizing Marxico which did not give access.

Thanks

I have just read gock, on 03 Jul 2014 - 10:27 AM,... cleared up my issue, Thanks, Great app, thanks

• Like 1

Hi Gock,

Very nice work, indeed! I just have two comments:

1.) When exporting to HTML, the CSS does not seem to be embedded.

2.) It would be nice to hide meta-data from Evernote, such that it does not explicitly appear in the final HTML. Tags like Title and Author can probably be incorporated, but others such as Affiliation, Address or latex input and latex footer should just be hidden.

Best,

Michael

Hi, the support for Latex is fantastic with this app. I have dreamed of Evernote supporting Latex, but never expected it to happen.

With the Evernote web client I found that it would render any equation however complex. However, to get the same result on the Windows 7 client required me to install the right fonts. It seems that Marxico uses MathJax to render the latex. After installing the correct fonts I could get all the examples at http://www.mathjax.org/demos/tex-samples/ to work (as far as I can tell Marxico supports everything from MathJax except automatic equation numbering - you can use \tag to do it by hand).

The steps I followed were
  1. Partial solution - MathJax - MathJax Font Help - advice is to go to STIX website to get the install - I did this, and it half worked, there seeemed to be fonts missing, eg STIXMathJax_Size2-Regular.otf. To get it fully working needed the additional steps below (this first step may have been redundant).
  2. Download latest MathJax from Installing and Testing MathJax — MathJax 2.4 documentation - DO NOT INSTALL.
  3. Find the otf folder - \MathJax-2.4-latest.zip\MathJax-2.4-latest\fonts\HTML-CSS\TeX\otf
  4. Install all of these using instructions at Install or uninstall fonts.
  5. Then everything seems to render perfectly in Evernote on the PC - still a few problems on Android.

Has anyone else had to go through the same process? Is there an easier way and how do you do it with the Evernote Android client?

Hope this is useful.

Peter.

• Like 1

Weird, no one have reported this problem. I think it just haven't loaded yet. Do you try again?

Hi Gock,

The online version of marxico (http://marxi.co/) seems to have some issues loading font/icon in latest Chrome( Version 38.0.2125.122), see screenshot here: http://cl.ly/image/192c1J1n0H2h. Here are the errors in the developer console: http://cl.ly/image/3h3y3h193u3C. 

This seems to be related to this issue: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12229844/amazon-s3-cors-cross-origin-resource-sharing-and-firefox-cross-domain-font-loa. 

It works fine in Safari btw. Could you look into this please?

Thank you!

Sorry, Marxico can only read notes created by itself.

When using Marxico I can only open notes created via Marxico, I do not have access from within Marxico to other Evernotes.

Under File, Open File is not available. Is this the current functionality or is my my setup wrong? I tried reauthorizing Marxico which did not give access.

Thanks

I have just read gock, on 03 Jul 2014 - 10:27 AM,... cleared up my issue, Thanks, Great app, thanks

You are so great about the MathJax try. A good news for you is that in the next version I'll use a new technology to render MathJax, which is lossless and doesn't need extra font, and works on mobile.

Hi, the support for Latex is fantastic with this app. I have dreamed of Evernote supporting Latex, but never expected it to happen.

With the Evernote web client I found that it would render any equation however complex. However, to get the same result on the Windows 7 client required me to install the right fonts. It seems that Marxico uses MathJax to render the latex. After installing the correct fonts I could get all the examples at http://www.mathjax.org/demos/tex-samples/ to work (as far as I can tell Marxico supports everything from MathJax except automatic equation numbering - you can use \tag to do it by hand).

The steps I followed were
  1. Partial solution - MathJax - MathJax Font Help - advice is to go to STIX website to get the install - I did this, and it half worked, there seeemed to be fonts missing, eg STIXMathJax_Size2-Regular.otf. To get it fully working needed the additional steps below (this first step may have been redundant).
  2. Download latest MathJax from Installing and Testing MathJax — MathJax 2.4 documentation - DO NOT INSTALL.
  3. Find the otf folder - \MathJax-2.4-latest.zip\MathJax-2.4-latest\fonts\HTML-CSS\TeX\otf
  4. Install all of these using instructions at Install or uninstall fonts.
  5. Then everything seems to render perfectly in Evernote on the PC - still a few problems on Android.

Has anyone else had to go through the same process? Is there an easier way and how do you do it with the Evernote Android client?

Hope this is useful.

Peter.

Hi Gock,

This editor is fantastic! I especially like the ability to customize css style for fenced code block. However, I would echo @MKR 's observation that the exported HTML file is missing altogether. And I've run into sync issue (server error) once in a while. The Evernote server seems to be fine when that happens, though.

Cheers and congrats

Awesome! I really like it.

BTW, While I use marxi.co with Firefox, there was a cursor shape problem when I write Korean. (maybe other multibyte character set like Japanese, too?)  The cursor shape goes wierd.

Chrome works well.

Thank you for your effort!!

• 2 weeks later...

Gock,

Thank you so much for creating this. This is perfect for my code notes.

When I override the code block font with custom CSS, the font family declaration syncs down to the Evernote app, however, I cannot manually set the font size. It renders in the browser preview at the custom font size, however, it always renders in the Evernote app at 14pt.

Can this be resolved?

Thank you!

David Aaron Fendley

Gock, three things.

1. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

2. Do you have a PayPal tip jar, or is there a charity I could donate to on your behalf?

3. Is there any way to swap the editor and preview right-left? I've looked in the settings, and if it's there, didn't see it. If it's not there, I guess this is a feature request. (Hopefully a minor one.)

Again, thank you.

-twg

Hiya Gock!

Great webapp!

Looks like it was built off StackEdit

Any chance you could post a compare/contrast explaining the advantage(s) of using Marxico over StackEdit (beyond the obvious integration with EN that is lacking from StackEdit)

Hey Gock,

I agree with @thatwebguy. I like your product a lot and would happily tip you or make a donation for making such a nice tool. Is there some way for me to do this informally until you maybe have a more formal way to make money from marxico set up?

Best,
jojo18

I just noticed that when exporting to html, the [toc] does not contain the links to the different sections. All the entries in the [TOC] contain a "<a></a>" block but no "href". Seems like a bug so I thought you should know.

Great application otherwise.

I just noticed that when exporting to html, the [toc] does not contain the links to the different sections. All the entries in the [TOC] contain a "<a></a>" block but no "href". Seems like a bug so I thought you should know.

Great application otherwise.

Hi agorski3, I think this feature isn't implemented yet. See the gock's comment.

Yes, [TOC] will be available on the next version. I'm working on it. 

UPDATE: Sorry, I've just opened Marxi.co again and I saw the new version with [TOC] implemented, lol. Sorry for the comment.

Gock, there's a Github repository or something like for Marxico?

I'm using the Chrome app version of Marxico for OSX, and after the new update the keyboard shortcuts for creating a new document don't seem to work. 

The documentation says it is "CMD + OPT + N" when I use that combination nothing happens. I've tried to ensure those weren't bound to some system keyboard shortcuts but didn't find any.

Anyone else running into this issue?

Sorry guys for the late reply. 

Last week I released the new version of Marxico, and it took me a week to fix bugs and polish features. I have read your feedback once you posted, but I was occupied. My apology again. Now I can proudly introduce the new Marxico, with better editor, basic mobile support and new syntax such as TOC, footnotes, flowcharts, checkboxes and HTML. Another big improvement is using SVG to render MathJax to be independent of fonts. Now you have perfect LaTex everywhere(low version of Android except)! 

Next, I'll work on integration with Evernote such as attachments, reminders and sync between devices. So stay tuned in!

As about donation some of you mentioned, I really appreciate that. However, I'm working on monetizing Marxico and it is coming in one or two weeks. So you can support Marxico at that time. (Please!)

Thank you all, for all the feedbacks, compliments and kindnesses. 

Bests,

gock

Hi gock,

Firstly, thank you. I've been in dire need for an application like Evernote but it's limited functionality has stopped me using it. Now using Marxico it's finally perfect!

One issue I'm having (hopefully not out of my own stupidity) is I've created a document with the following header @(Data Scientists Toolbox)[coursera] but the file just saves as a note in the default notebook, not a new notebook called "Data Scientists Toolbox".

Using version Marxico 1.3.5

Any help would be appreciated.

Also I look forward to supporting your work on this!

Sorry, you can only select existed notebook. You cannot create a new notebook by this way.

Hi gock,

Firstly, thank you. I've been in dire need for an application like Evernote but it's limited functionality has stopped me using it. Now using Marxico it's finally perfect!

One issue I'm having (hopefully not out of my own stupidity) is I've created a document with the following header @(Data Scientists Toolbox)[coursera] but the file just saves as a note in the default notebook, not a new notebook called "Data Scientists Toolbox".

Using version Marxico 1.3.5

Any help would be appreciated.

Also I look forward to supporting your work on this!

Hey Gock,

Not too sure if I'm missing something but I noticed that Marxico no longer adds a nice horizontal rule beneath sub headers. Is there any way to get this back? It really makes the notes easier to read as they help the sub headings stand out better - plus it looks a lot nicer. It also looks like the default fonts have changed?

How the markdown looked in a previous version of Marxico:

Rp59QLX.png

How the same markdown looks in the current ver:

wa7XXFI.png

Not trying to sound picky here. I am really interested in getting the underlining for the sub headings back as I think they are very important to the visual flow of our notes. I also think the font from the previous Marxico looks cleaner as well.

On the bright side, it looks like the newer code coloring is more conducive to the Monokai code coloring scheme and removing the underline of anchor text looks great too  :D

Hey Gock,

I cannot thank you enough for creating Marxico... my Evernote usage has doubled as a result of being able to direct input markdown.

Too bad Evernote does not do the DevCup anymore - you would have had a big winner with Marxico.

I read hyp0xia's comment, and was wondering if it is possible to modify the CSS? that is used to output to Evernote?

Also, any plans for a ios app?

Thanks again for the great work, I look forward to seeing more!

• Like 1

I don't think the previous version had sub heading underline. Anyway, there is a `Custom CSS` in `Settings`. Check it out. :)

Take sub headings(h2, with ##) for example, append following syntax to the end:

h2 { text-decoration: underline; }

One of the reason the fonts don't look clean is its color. You can change it to black:

body { color : #000 }

besides, you can change the font size by check `apply font size to evernote` in settings.

Obviously, I need to write more documents about how to use Marxico better.

Hey Gock,

I cannot thank you enough for creating Marxico... my Evernote usage has doubled as a result of being able to direct input markdown.

Too bad Evernote does not do the DevCup anymore - you would have had a big winner with Marxico.

I read hyp0xia's comment, and was wondering if it is possible to modify the CSS? that is used to output to Evernote?

Also, any plans for a ios app?

Thanks again for the great work, I look forward to seeing more!

Hey Gock,

Not too sure if I'm missing something but I noticed that Marxico no longer adds a nice horizontal rule beneath sub headers. Is there any way to get this back? It really makes the notes easier to read as they help the sub headings stand out better - plus it looks a lot nicer. It also looks like the default fonts have changed?

How the markdown looked in a previous version of Marxico:

Rp59QLX.png

How the same markdown looks in the current ver:

wa7XXFI.png

Not trying to sound picky here. I am really interested in getting the underlining for the sub headings back as I think they are very important to the visual flow of our notes. I also think the font from the previous Marxico looks cleaner as well.

On the bright side, it looks like the newer code coloring is more conducive to the Monokai code coloring scheme and removing the underline of anchor text looks great too  :D

@gock

Oh wow... I was using Marxico on a different PC and must have thought that the styles were changed in Marxico itself because my custom styles from my other Marxico settings werent there. I completely forgot about the css settings and that's exactly why it looked different before. I had added some custom rules that I just completely forgot about. I've now copied the rules over to the my other PC and everything looks the same again.

Thanks for the reminder ;)

Hi gock.

After delete the note in marxi.co, how to delete the data on Evernote?

The trash icon of the note on Evernote is always grayed and I can not delete it... 

Edit: seems that the only way to do that is accessing evernote through the web...

Edited by rbianchi

Sorry about that. You can delete the notes on the new Evernote web. I'll add this feature in the next version.

Hi gock.

After delete the note in marxi.co, how to delete the data on Evernote?

The trash icon of the note on Evernote is always grayed and I can not delete it... 

Edit: seems that the only way to do that is accessing evernote through the web...

Oops, my bad. The default style had the white background under the text. But I removed it to make it look better because the background color of Marxico is not pure white. I didn't think of the situation you mentioned. I'll fix it. Thanks!

Hi gock, again - amazing piece of software.

I have this little issue - in a sequence diagram, such as this:

A->B: Hello man
B->C: Hi dude
A->C: This is so great

The text in the third line does not have a white background that hides the line. If you put the same in http://bramp.github.io/js-sequence-diagrams/ it looks ok.

Love your work, paid for Marxico Pro the second I saw you could... I just have one simple request, if possible.

In the notes list on the left hand pane, I believe it only sorts them in the most recently created/edited ordering. I would love if I could sort them alphabetically, as I use it to type out my University lectures, and like to go back at later times to add/remove/view the notes.

O

Another (small) bug I noticed is that when I am typing fast and quickly hit cmd + B to start some bold text, occasionally the **strong text** will appear 10-15 words before, in the middle of the sentence. Doesn't happen if I wait a second or two before hitting cmd + B.

• Like 1