customized home screen tags not showing

Hi,

i have enabled show details for tags under customized home screen. But it does not show my tags.

This function works for my notes and notebooks. Strangely, it does not work for but my EN iOS app for iphone and ipad. Help!

I am using 7.4.0.309878.

I tried disabling show details for notes and notebooks and only show details for tags. It stills doesn't work. Perhaps I need to reinstall the app but it takes quite some time to sync.

I was wondering could it be I have too little tags 10 to be exact.

I don't have problem with notes, notebooks and shortcuts. Just tags.

I am using 7.4.0.309878.

I tried disabling show details for notes and notebooks and only show details for tags. It stills doesn't work. Perhaps I need to reinstall the app but it takes quite some time to sync.

I was wondering could it be I have too little tags 10 to be exact.

I don't have problem with notes, notebooks and shortcuts. Just tags.

i reinstalled the app for my iPhone and the problem still persists. i was wondering if it's due to the number of tags i have.

It should only show about the first 6 most recently used tags (I think it based on recency...), so it shouldn't matter how many you have. Perhaps this is worth contacting support about... it may be a bug, or it may be something peculiar about your situation that they can help resolve. 

• 2 months later...

I'm having the same issue. I have show details selected for Notes, Notebooks and Tags, but I only get details for Notes and not for Notebooks or Tags. This used to work.

iPhone 5s 

iOS 7.1.2

Evernote 7.4.2.310718

• 5 months later...

I have the exact same problem.

Let me describe it again:

When Show Details is enabled for Tags.

It still does NOT show the details for Tags. Only one button and you need to tap it to see all Tags.

Here's two screenshot for your reference.

http://i.imgur.com/gYQUDWw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xcsc8Kj.jpg

(I created a brand new account to test this. App was fresh installed. Language on iPhone is English, iOS updated to current (8.1.3))

• 5 months later...

I have encountered the same problem on my iPhone - for me it is the "Notebooks" section that refuses to show details, I get details for "Notes", "Shortcuts" and "Tags" just fine.

Did you guys manage to solve this issue eventually?

(Evernote 7.7.9, iOS 8.4, iPhone 6)

I have the exact same problem.

Let me describe it again:

When Show Details is enabled for Tags.

It still does NOT show the details for Tags. Only one button and you need to tap it to see all Tags.

Here's two screenshot for your reference.

http://i.imgur.com/gYQUDWw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xcsc8Kj.jpg

(I created a brand new account to test this. App was fresh installed. Language on iPhone is English, iOS updated to current (8.1.3))

From the screenshot it appears as though Show Details is OFF for tags.... 

@ScottLougheed, I don't know about Vic Jang - but in my case Show Details is definitely ON for Notebooks, that's the issue. I have toggled all available options multiple times, killed the app multiple times and even tried creating more notebooks (because I wondered if you need to have a certain number...), but no luck.

Evernote_01.png

Evernote_02.png

@ScottLougheed, I don't know about Vic Jang - but in my case Show Details is definitely ON for Notebooks, that's the issue. I have toggled all available options multiple times, killed the app multiple times and even tried creating more notebooks (because I wondered if you need to have a certain number...), but no luck.

What you are showing in your screenshots suggests there is an issue (though this time related to notebook details). Unlike Vic's, your screenshots show that, indeed, you have "Show details" enabled, and no details are shown! 

Not sure why a few recently accessed notebooks aren't showing up for you. I'd say its worth a bug report to support. 

@ScottLougheed

Thanks for pointing that out.

Yes my screenshots didn't correctly show the problem.

I was changing the settings a lot for testing when I took the screenshots and didn't notice that they're wrong.

That being said, I still have the problem with newest iOS and newest Evernote.

As I said I have created brand new account and the problem is still there.

I have submitted bug report back in 2/16/15, and they have only responded three since then. (I always reply within 24 hours)

First asking for screenshots, 2nd asking me to update everything and try again, as usual, and the last one was asking me whether I still see the issue, while they haven't taken any action to address it.

I have to say it's pretty amazing how useless their customer service is.

I'll try removing and re-installing the Evernote app from my iPhone - if that doesn't help, I'll definitely submit a ticket.

It doesn't seem to be a widespread problem though, otherwise there would be much more feedback from the user base (the only related thread I found via Google is this one).

I tried that and it didn't help.

The only two things I know I can try but haven't are:

1. Try on another phone with same and different account.

2. Restore my phone and try with same and different account.

I don't really wanna spend the time at the moment though.

I'll try removing and re-installing the Evernote app from my iPhone - if that doesn't help, I'll definitely submit a ticket.

It doesn't seem to be a widespread problem though, otherwise there would be much more feedback from the user base (the only related thread I found via Google is this one).

@Vic Jang, thanks for the info... too bad a re-install doesn't seem to solve the issue.

I'm not going to restore my phone because of this either, I have 50 gigs of data on there - this bug is annoying, but not annoying enough for me to wipe my phone.

I kept pushing the CSR in charge of this issue over email, and finally he was able to dig into it (ask SW team... basically),

He found that it requires a minimum of 11 tags to display details. (Though IMHO, this is complete non-sense.)

Here's the screenshots for your reference

http://imgur.com/a/kiwz3#0

(btw it will only display notebooks details when there's a minimum of 5 notebooks, which is why @shadylane doesn't see details for notebooks.)

I kept pushing the CSR in charge of this issue over email, and finally he was able to dig into it (ask SW team... basically),

He found that it requires a minimum of 11 tags to display details. (Though IMHO, this is complete non-sense.)

Here's the screenshots for your reference

http://imgur.com/a/kiwz3#0

(btw it will only display notebooks details when there's a minimum of 5 notebooks, which is why @shadylane doesn't see details for notebooks.)

THANK YOU Vic, for getting to the bottom of this! This is good news - well, sort of ;) I agree that the limit doesn't make any sense - I have only 3 notebooks, but I still would like to have quick access to them via the details view (I'm sure the same is true for you and your tags). Now I'll have to create two dummy-notebooks that I actually don't need, which is not exactly ideal. But it's a solution for now.

Thanks again for your efforts to find out what's going on here, really appreciated!

PS: I did create an additional notebook in my testing last week and thought that 5 notebooks (including trash) should definitely be enough for the details feature to work - so I dismissed the idea of there being a limit and figured that it's simply a bug. Now I see that 5 notebooks, EXCLUDING trash, are needed... and sure enough, it's working. 

Archived