Big delay in editing and search and switching between notes

Armin

Hello guys

I have installed evernote app on windows and after the must recent update i see that when i try to edit notes, it has many delays between each action which is so frustrating and evernote seems useless in such situation since we can't wait 4 seconds for each action.

I have 248 notes and total space of my evernote has grown to 93MB

Can't evernote handle such amount of notes? I have a friend who has the same problem after the latest update and it is really annoying

What is the reason of this? We use evernote on Windows 7 64bit

• Level 5*

The debug menu isn't 'secret' - if you search the forum there have been several discussions about whether re-indexing the database is effective.  The general consensus (I believe) was that it's easier and quicker to

1. clean reinstall the app which means a Revo or (your recent suggestion) Advanced Uninstaller Pro to remove the app and any extra files that might still be lying around after installation and updating.
  2. refresh the database by (in Windows) exiting Evernote,  renaming the EXB file and restarting,  so a new set of data is downloaded from the net.  (There are several caveats about unsynced and local files,  so read up on the detail before you actually do this..)

I have 17,000+ files and can still work on W7,  so the size of your database shouldn't be too much of an issue - and recent updates have made it much faster to download a complete database in one sync - although it will take some time.

A good idea I think to submit a support request - it registers the issue,  and the guys in Support might have some more suggestions too...

• 2 weeks later...

After reinstalling ,recreating database, using debugmenu i have still lags specially in TEXT EDITOR menu bar

When you try to change color,font type/size and .....

I believe there is something wrong in the database access methods of internal evernote elements like its menus 

• Level 5*

I can only suggest you raise a support ticket - in this and other threads you've done pretty much everything to get a database working,  with apparently no satisfactory result.  It may be time to go back to square one and start over...

After the recent update in evernote siftware. everything goes terribely bad and now i'm sure all of these happened because i updated the software from old version to new version.

Each time that we update the software we experience slower and slower functionality.

Not is HANGS, not just delay, it totally HANGS. Where to open a support ticket?

Hi Armin. This link (below) will take you to a post by GBarry, an Evernote staffer, and it will walk you through admitting a support ticket. Please remember they business hours are Monday to Friday, Pacific time. You should recieve an automatic reply email acknowledging they have recieved your request, but you may not get any assistance until next week. Cheers. :)

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/51807-best-practices-submitting-a-support-ticket/?view=getnewpost.

After the recent update in evernote siftware. everything goes terribely bad and now i'm sure all of these happened because i updated the software from old version to new version.Each time that we update the software we experience slower and slower functionality.Not is HANGS, not just delay, it totally HANGS. Where to open a support ticket?

Dear sir , as i predicted from the first the issue lays under the EVERNOTE itself.

I released after updates i faced with such error.

I revert back to using everntoe version Evernote 5.1.1.2334  and my problem is totally solved. So i think i should not upgrade the windows software before being sure that everything is working properly. So the question is what is available on new versions which makes such delay and HANGS?

Thank you Wordsgood for your reply

Dear sir , as i predicted from the first the issue lays under the EVERNOTE itself.

I released after updates i faced with such error.

I revert back to using everntoe version Evernote 5.1.1.2334  and my problem is totally solved. So i think i should not upgrade the windows software before being sure that everything is working properly. So the question is what is available on new versions which makes such delay and HANGS?

Thank you Wordsgood for your reply

That would be a question for Evernote Support.  You will need to tell them all the specifications of the hardware and software you are using on your device.  Then they may be able to answer that question.  

Windows 7 Ultimate, 64bit, 8GB of DDR3 RAM, 3 TERABYTE OF HDD all WESTERN DIGITAL 7200rmp

intel corei3 2100 3MB Cache

I think these are far from supporting such applications. This is not the problem of my PC. 3 of my friends have the same issue on CORE I7 laptops with windows 8 and 16GB of RAM on their systems.

It is not the problem of our system since i'm ServerAdmin and i use evernote for keeping note of my commands and procedures. It is exactly the relation of new evernote and its database

The final update of evernote put me on fire since it not only delay in opening. It will now HANGS and we need to wait for seconds for the program to response again

IMPORTANT QUESTION:

Apart from functionality and other issues, is there any security risk using old versions of evernote?

With the old evernote i don't have any problem and it works like a super engine. 

Archived