Thanks for "listening" and for not jumping down my throat in response. I am not trash-talking your beloved program, but rather making a suggestion that will allow it to be even more versatile.

As a user and lover of Springpad, I was very saddened to hear that the app was discontinuing its functionality. However, I was relieved to know they had an exit strategy in supporting an export of all data to another application - Evernote. Yay! Another free app to manage my lists.

Except it's not. I've read a few posts on this forum about people who are disappointed that there is no option to "hide" (rather than remove) checked items in a given list. This would allow those people who want to view their accomplishments the freedom to do so AT THE SAME TIME as giving the option to others to hide checked items when necessary.

I truly believe that EN needs to consider adding this to its already wonderful platform. Even IF this wasn't part of the original plan (to be a useful list-making tool) I believe that given the flood of Springpad users that will come EN's way, this is absolutely something that needs to be added to EN's repertoire.

Welcome to Evernote! It's not Springpad but it is, nonethless, a pretty nifty service. It will be a bit of an adjustment but we, your fellow users, will try to help should you need it.

Although they do not always comment, Evernote has said that employees read all the posts. So, consider your suggestion made! You may also want to look at some of the many apps that sync with Evernote. Some of them may help replace some of the features you miss. What's available is going to vary by platform. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any great iOS list making apps as it's not really something I do in Evernote. However, I'm sure someone else will chime in.

Best of luck!

First: I am sorry you feel someone will be "...jumping down your throat.." by posting here.  You should not feel that way, however, I do understand your point.  One should not be getting that perception from reading Evernote's Forum.

Second:  I agree with your suggestion.  Evernote has an opportunity to fill a larger void in this industry since Springpad will be dissolved.  I am hoping they implement such features as well.

Thank you for posting!

• Level 5*

There have been a few Springpad users who have come to the forums asking for functionality that they were used to having be added to Evernote. Of course, there have also been a few who believe if Evernote add feature X from Springpad then they will immediately add millions of wonderful paying users.

I think it's important to remember that Evernote and Springpad have not existed in separate universes for the last few years. I'm sure that Evernote are only too aware of what one it's major competitors had to offer and if there were functional elements that they thought would be useful then these things are probably already on the roadmap.

As Meg says, Evernote staff read this forum although it is primarily for users so I'm sure your comment will be noted.

Archived