Good morning to all

sorry for my english.I am using evernote web and evernote android!In my phone i have installed the latest software via google play.I would like to use reminders more often and that is my problem.I make a reminder in evernote web for example 2 days later.I have always open my wifi in android phone and the phone allthough is in wifi the app is not syncing to catch the reminder!I went to the settings of the app but to change the sync behaviour and i take the screen in screenshot

in the tab notes(cannot modify when device master syncing is disabled? i canot make any changes and in the tab sync frequency i cant make any changes

how i will change the sync to make more often syncing?

post-179290-0-71660500-1402126212_thumb.

• Level 5*

You obviously already appreciate that your Android must sync to allow the reminder information to move from the server to the phone.  I've never seen a reference to 'device master syncing' before - can you re-enable it?

You obviously already appreciate that your Android must sync to allow the reminder information to move from the server to the phone.  I've never seen a reference to 'device master syncing' before - can you re-enable it?

No i cant re-enable it !it is a key with no function!With an ipod touch i sync excellent!!But the android misses a lot of reminders

• Level 5*

I suggest you uninstall and reinstall the app - make sure you have no unsynced notes on the Android.  If it's still a problem,  please submit a support ticket (see below).

• 6 years later...
On 6/7/2014 at 10:24 PM, gazumped said:

In Evernote for Android, in the Settings - Sync menu, find at the top: Notes  Cannot modify when device master syncing is disabled.

I think this has something to do with the Android settings in the "Settings/Data usage/Menu/Auto-sync data" path. It often makes sense to disable this to save mobile data traffic on a metered connection.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Danny-here said:

In Evernote for Android, in the Settings - Sync menu, find at the top: Notes  Cannot modify when device master syncing is disabled.

I think this has something to do with the Android settings in the "Settings/Data usage/Menu/Auto-sync data" path. It often makes sense to disable this to save mobile data traffic on a metered connection.

Hmmn.  I don't have that warning in my Evernote settings,  and my Android version doesn't seem to have an 'auto sync' option to enable or disable.  It is a fact that Evernote relies heavily on being able to sync notes (and reminders) back and forth as necessary,  so restricting when and how the device syncs is going to affect it.  Everything should work on wifi (I assume),  but when roaming,  Evernote would be restricted - for Basic and Plus account users,  and maybe for premium account holders too...  I'm no expert here - best if a subscriber with this feature contacts support for more information.

(This is a -mainly- user-supported Forum. Although Evernote staffers do read the posts here, and there are Admins to keep everyone in line,  there's no guarantee when that will be. If you need help on a technical issue,  we can offer advice from our collective experience but Evernote support is available (for subscribers) via the website link, and (for everyone) on Twitter @EvernoteHelps or via their Facebook community.)