Tags Disappear after First Tagging

ThrowAway

Hello - I'm running Windows 7 on a pc at work and have a frequent problem with tags. Often, when I initially tag a note (e.g., drag it to the tags on the left) everything seems fine. For example, the Tag will go from (0) to (1). Then I'll check back in 30 minutes later to see that the tag has gone back to (0). The note is still in my notebook--amongst hundreds of others--but the tag is gone. Everything seems to be okay on the second tagging (and I use the same process to tag....drag and drop it on tag on left side of screen). 

Does anyone know what is going on and is there any fix to this annoying problem?

Thanks.

• Level 5*

Have you tried alternate methods of tagging?  You know if you type the first letters of the tag in the note header you'll get a reducing list of options...

I don't know if this is the same problem or a different one.

I have just started using evernote, and I'm organising my recipes right now. During my extensive tagging session (I added tags for cuisine, course, dietary requriements and so on) I noticed that some notes "randomly" lose all their tags.

i.e., I checked in the list view that all notes DID have a cuisine assigned; 10 minutes later, I noticed that the tags for Mexican or Chinese cuisine had (0) entries.

I tagged all notes using right click on note, and then the dialog that pops up (no drag & drop).

The thought that tagging doesn't work reliably is slightly unnerving to me right now as I'm planning to use evernote for everything, not just recipes.

Yep, still doing it.

After extensive tagging, synching (multiple times), closing and reopening the clients (multiple times) - at one random point in time several tags are gone.

The notes were not edited or even opened during the whole process.

I currently have 50 notes and tags got lost (and I had to re-tag) approximately 15 times, this morning alone. That's almost one third of my notes. I hope this shows that the issue is significant enough to look into...

• Level 5*

Yep, still doing it.

After extensive tagging, synching (multiple times), closing and reopening the clients (multiple times) - at one random point in time several tags are gone.

The notes were not edited or even opened during the whole process.

I currently have 50 notes and tags got lost (and I had to re-tag) approximately 15 times, this morning alone. That's almost one third of my notes. I hope this shows that the issue is significant enough to look into...

Hi - there are a couple of threads on tagging,  and it looks like Evernote are already investigating some support requests,  but I'd suggest you raise a ticket (see below) for your specific situation to get personal feedback...

Have you tried alternate methods of tagging?  You know if you type the first letters of the tag in the note header you'll get a reducing list of options...

Yes. They still disappear. Even if the other method did work, I prefer to drag and drop, as it is more convenient. 

• Level 5*

Noted,  but if one way doesn't work,  and another method does..  anyhow;  tag / sync problems are out of our user paygrade somewhat - I'd suggest a support ticket.

• Level 5*

Hello - I'm running Windows 7 on a pc at work and have a frequent problem with tags. Often, when I initially tag a note (e.g., drag it to the tags on the left) everything seems fine. For example, the Tag will go from (0) to (1). Then I'll check back in 30 minutes later to see that the tag has gone back to (0). The note is still in my notebook--amongst hundreds of others--but the tag is gone. Everything seems to be okay on the second tagging (and I use the same process to tag....drag and drop it on tag on left side of screen). 

Does anyone know what is going on and is there any fix to this annoying problem?

Thanks.

Yup. I have a ticket on this. I think the new enhanced conflict resolution is causing this. Just started a month ago.

• Level 5*

I had put it my own ticket - got a reply from support that they're aware of the problem and working on a fix.

Oh, good. My response came back asking for info and "oh, hey, we just released a new version, so maybe that fixed it."  :wacko: I replied back no it didn't and don't dismiss this issue.

• 3 weeks later...

I had put it my own ticket - got a reply from support that they're aware of the problem and working on a fix.

Oh, good. My response came back asking for info and "oh, hey, we just released a new version, so maybe that fixed it."  :wacko: I replied back no it didn't and don't dismiss this issue.

My tags appear to be stable now, do you still have issues?

• Level 5*

My tags appear to be stable now, do you still have issues?

Yes, it seem to be better. I had one note about a week ago go nuts, but I am not 100% certain it was the same issue and haven't replicated it, so even if the issue still exists, it is a much lower percentage. Much much lower.

Archived