Windows client doesn't appear to sync/upload

seven_neves

Hi All,

I'm having a problem with my Windows machine where new notes, note changes etc aren't syncing up to the server.

It will however download notes entered from another device.

For example, for the last hour it's been showing 'Updating server database, 16% done' but not making any progress. (see att 1 & 2)

Finally, att 3 shows what EN does after about 2-3 hours of '16% done' syncing.  Just an exclamation mark, with no actual diagnosis of the issue.

I've tested this on >5 Wifi & Wired networks, same results each time.

Att 4 shows there's been no progress since starting this post.

Not sure if anyone's able to shed some light?

THX,

Adam

post-79256-0-84868700-1401517569_thumb.j

post-79256-0-89200100-1401517577.jpg

post-79256-0-70360000-1401517589_thumb.j

post-79256-0-52765400-1401517805_thumb.j

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you open List view in Evernote you should be able to see a column which shows a fullstop (a dot) for any notes that haven't synced.  You can sort the column so all the dots are at the top.  If there aren't too many of those,  you might try exporting the notes to an ENEX file* and then re-importing them to Evernote.  That just makes sure that they're in a format that Evernote accepts,  and don't contain a random glitch or an invalid code in the body or title.  (Export your notes to a separate file for each notebook if there's more than one involved,  because the ENEX file won't remember that for you.)  Keep the ENEX files somewhere safe - you might need them.

Make sure you're connected to the network and retry sync.

If that fails, use Revo to uninstall and 'clean' reinstall Evernote* and retry Sync.

If that fails,  locate your EXB database file and exit Evernote completely.  Rename the file* and restart Evernote.  You should sync and start to re-download,  and recreate your EXB database. When that's complete,  use your ENEX files to restore the  unsynced notes from before.

* If you've not done this sort of refresh before,  search around the forums for more on each topic - there are some detailed descriptions of the important steps.

• Level 5*

Hi All,

I'm having a problem with my Windows machine where new notes, note changes etc aren't syncing up to the server.

It will however download notes entered from another device.

For example, for the last hour it's been showing 'Updating server database, 16% done' but not making any progress. (see att 1 & 2)

Finally, att 3 shows what EN does after about 2-3 hours of '16% done' syncing.  Just an exclamation mark, with no actual diagnosis of the issue.

I've tested this on >5 Wifi & Wired networks, same results each time.

Att 4 shows there's been no progress since starting this post.

Not sure if anyone's able to shed some light?

THX,

Adam

Adam, I would NOT attempt any export/import process at this point.  Frankly, I don't see how that would help, might only confuse things.

Since the sync process is consistently stopping before it completes, I recommend that you submit an Evernote Support Ticket (link below) ASAP to get Evernote's help in resolving this.  It may be that you have one Note in the Evernote Cloud (created on another device) that is corrupt or malformed in some way.  Evernote can help you resolve this.

Also, be aware that if you were to try to do a complete uninstall using Revo you will LOSE all of your Notes that have not been sync'd.  So, again, I would NOT try that at this point.  Wait to see what Evernote suggests from your Ticket.

• Level 5*

Didn't realise a detailed justification was required,  but..

1. finding unsynced notes and exporting/ re-importing them won't affect your situation and might find a note on your local machine that has been corrupted and correct it.  JM is correct that it's possible the corruption is at the other end,  but there's nothing you can do without a support request to investigate that.
  2. replacing the database would lose your unsynced notes,  unless - like I said in the post - you hold on to your ENEX files and reimport them after a refresh.
  3. Revo doesn't kill your database however in Windows unless you take some pains to do so,  but if you
    >  follow the instructions elsewhere in the forum as I suggested
    >  rename the file like I recommended specifically
    you would find that you had a backup copy of everything just in case.

I think support may take you through some/ all of this anyway but JM is correct in one respect - if in doubt,  always raise a support ticket!

Archived