Evernote not working after Android update from 4.1.2 to 4.4.2

I have been successfully using Evernote for Android on my Motorola Droid Razr HD MAXX since May of 2013. FINALLY, Verizon pushed through a phone update that jumped the Android OS from 4.1.2 to 4.4.2. 

Now, Evernote doesn't work. I've tried uninstalling EN, downloading the latest version from the Play Store, starting the app, signing in with my EN account, all notes are gone, hit Sync and get the following error message:

Database Read/Write Error

Evernote is not able to create the database file. If the problem persists then please restart your device and make sure the memory card is not full.

android.database.sqlite..SQLiteCantOpenDatabaseException: unknown error (code 14): Could not open database.

Thank you for your assistance.

Mark

• Level 5*

Hi - it sounds like installing the app ran into some problems;  I'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling and try again - and make sure that you have enough 'phone space to hold your app.  AFAIK the latest Android erects some chinese walls between different parts of the storage,  so you may find that if you were using the SD card for notes (forinstance) it is no longer available.  Your actual notes aren't downloaded to the device unless you search for and open one,  but you should get an index of notes (so you can search) plus any notebooks that you selected for 'offline searching'.

If you're worried about losing notes,  check via a desktop and Evernote.com - see what's stored online.  The server counts as your 'source' notebook,  anything that gets to your device is merely a copy...

Archived