Won't Sync on Android

I'm having a common issue.   Evernote will not sync on Android.

Basically the Android app is useless.

Works fine on iOS devices ...

Sync seems to be turned off in Android and Evernote App settings and cannot be modified  :-/

• Level 5*

Hi.  Sorry to hear you're having problems,  but I'm confused;  you said a 'common issue' and I don't find many others having this problem - a lot of us (including me) have been using Android and syncing happily for some time.  If your device isn't behaving then it's probably a good idea to email any unsynced notes to your Evernote account email address and then uninstall/ reinstall the app on Android.  You can also raise a support ticket for more help if you need it - see below.

I was noticing that a lot of other people were having this issue but those threads were older ....

There are sync settings in the app itself from the settings menu

Then the "Accounts and Sync" options on the device

Then the individual sync options in the Application settings under the "Accounts and Sync" options

1 or more of those 3 don't seem to be in agreement ... so with 2 settings in 3 different places I will only have to try, at most, 9 different iterations before I get it to work.  LOL  ... If I'm still stuck I'll open the ticket ... thanks for the reply.

• Level 5*

The only ones you need to worry about are those in the app.  Tick both the "auto sync" and the "wireless networks only" options (unless you have a very sympathetic data carrier) and then go back to the main Evernote screen menu and hit 'sync' to see what happens...

• 5 months later...

I worked on connecting my android HTC for a week now and not connecting. I have incoming notes to two address. Ned to delete one and possibly connect them. Big problem... I CANT FIND THIS PAGE ON MY Pc Evernote so I need to know how to get to this page on the app. This iPad gets me there through Google. Thanks for any help you can give on this. I used to connect all the time on the android. HTC and it worked flawlessly.

• Level 5*

I worked on connecting my android HTC for a week now and not connecting. I have incoming notes to two address. Ned to delete one and possibly connect them. Big problem... I CANT FIND THIS PAGE ON MY Pc Evernote so I need to know how to get to this page on the app. This iPad gets me there through Google. Thanks for any help you can give on this. I used to connect all the time on the android. HTC and it worked flawlessly.

More details please - how do you have "incoming notes to two addresses"?  From Evernote?  Do you have nore than one account?  Log out of Evernote on the HTC and then back in again with the same details you use on your other devices.

Archived