Keeping my annotations open?

kellogg

I'm using skitch and evernote to organize notes for school. I got skitch so I could highlight my PDFs (the majority of my school reading), but I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if it's just inefficient. When I open my note with the PDF and click on the annotate button, all is well and I can begin highlighting. But I also like to take notes by jotting down the important points, and as soon as I click over to the other note, my annotations window disappears. It goes back to the original note and saves the annotations, but in order to get back to where I was, I have to click the button again and scroll back to where I was last reading. Is it some kind of glitch or is it just the way this works? 

That appears to be the functionality of Skitch. It seems as soon as you click out of the PDF you are annotating, Evernote auto-saves so your annotations are not lost.  For the auto-save to "stick", Evernote must close the PDF.

I like the saving feature for obvious reasons, but I can see how it can be frustrating if you are going back and forth with taking notes and making annotations.

• 2 years later...

Archived