Penultimate carriage return icon in drift

wxy

Idea

I think I'm getting the hang of using Penultimate with my new Jot.  It is OK but I have some niggles:

The issue of occasional wrist marks is still plaguing me but I am learning to start writing before resting my hand on the screen and then keep writing so that the stylus remains the dominant contact.

The speed of drift combined with a missed mark here and there leaves some stray dots and crosses without the rest of the i and t.  This is discussed elsewhere in the forum and I can live with it.

The thing that is driving me bats, and I'm sure there must be a setting I am missing, is the position of the carriage return button which sits on the right edge of the screen while you're in drift mode.  It is either just to the right and below of the text or, worse underneath my wrist!  How can I get this to fix to the top of the page so that I can actually reach it with the pen and without interrupting the flow of writing?  I also want it in a position where the edge of my hand can't trigger an unwanted carriage return.

Any ideas folks?

6 replies to this idea

I don't think the position of the carriage return is customizable, so there's nothing you can do, per se, at this moment in time. Posting here is one good way to bring it to the attention of staff. You might also consider using the feedback/support mechanism to submit this to staff directly. 

It's been a bit of a frustration to me too. 

Evernote team - please fix - this makes the whole zoom function un-usable. If you write from the right hand you will always end up hitting the button with your palm and then "wack" you have a big line across the page and you need to fix manually. Very time consuming and frustrating.

This topic covers all my main niggles with Penultimate. Accidentally triggering the carriage return is extremely frustrating. It would be great to have the option of switching it off, especially if drift is turned off.

This topic covers all my main niggles with Penultimate. Accidentally triggering the carriage return is extremely frustrating. It would be great to have the option of switching it off, especially if drift is turned off.

If drift is off, there is no carriage return.... where are you seeing this? 

If drift is off, there is no carriage return.... where are you seeing this? 

Here's a screenshot (yes, I spelt 'carriage' wrong...)

2014-05-30%2021.23.03.png

Archived