evernote pc not working

flybynite

My evernote pc dashboard has blue hyperlinks( for example, it say get premium, app center etc)  on the top left screen and I am unable to search nor create a new note in PC.

when I click on new notes nothing happens as if the link is not even there.  Same when I click in the search box, I dont get a cursor.

Thanks

My evernote pc dashboard has blue hyperlinks( for example, it say get premium, app center etc)  on the top left screen and I am unable to search nor create a new note in PC.

when I click on new notes nothing happens as if the link is not even there.  Same when I click in the search box, I dont get a cursor.

Thanks

I would suggest you first backup your local database by making a copy of your your-user-name.exb file.  This is especially important if you have any unsync'd notes or changes to notes, including local (non-sync'd) notebooks.

If you do have any Local Only notebooks or unsynced notes, right-click the notebook name in the left-hand notebook pane and select "Export", then export the notebook to .enex format, exporting tags if desired. Do this for all local/non-sync'd notebooks.

If you have some unsynchronized notes, you can go to the Note List view, sort by the "Sync" column, and export any notes that have a * in that column to .enex format before following the above instructions.

Then completely uninstall EN by using the free version of Revo uninstaller.

Reboot computer.

Download & install the latest version of the Windows client.  Confirm you can create a new note.

Sync all your sync'd notes down from the EN servers. 

Once this is done, import any/all enex files you created in the steps above.

Good luck.

Thanks

I would suggest you first backup your local database by making a copy of your your-user-name.exb file.  This is especially important if you have any unsync'd notes or changes to notes, including local (non-sync'd) notebooks.

If you do have any Local Only notebooks or unsynced notes, right-click the notebook name in the left-hand notebook pane and select "Export", then export the notebook to .enex format, exporting tags if desired. Do this for all local/non-sync'd notebooks.

If you have some unsynchronized notes, you can go to the Note List view, sort by the "Sync" column, and export any notes that have a * in that column to .enex format before following the above instructions.

Then completely uninstall EN by using the free version of Revo uninstaller.

Reboot computer.

Download & install the latest version of the Windows client.  Confirm you can create a new note.

Sync all your sync'd notes down from the EN servers. 

Once this is done, import any/all enex files you created in the steps above.

Good luck.

I am using the web interface of evernote not the downloaded version.  So not sure if that has anything to do with the issue.  When I go to www.evernote on a different windows pc its fine.

I am using the web interface of evernote not the downloaded version.  So not sure if that has anything to do with the issue.  When I go to www.evernote on a different windows pc its fine.

I was responding to your reply above, that you were using the Windows client.

But yes, if you're using the web client, my reply above is not applicable.

Hmmmm well as you can see in that thread, everyone is pretty puzzled about it! Stay tuned to these two threads to see what materializes! 

Well mine is fixed own its own.  I had download and began using the pc desktop version when I encountered this problem.

Today I decided to try the web based  on the same pc and all is well.

I had some malware that I cleaned up few days ago but not sure if that was causing the problem.

Archived