Hyperlink to one webpage inside a note

dancehike

I am brand new at Evernote.  I searched for the answer to my question and watched a lot of video tutorials -- many of which seem not to be the same version of Evernote (the newest as of May 2014 for Windows 7).  I created several notes with just a weblink.  The text is highlighted and behaves as if it is prepared to open in a web browser -- but it does not.  Nothing happens.  I have to believe that this program does not expect me to copy and paste this web address (every time) into my browser to open a saved link, but so far, that is all I can manage.  

Thanks in advance. A screen shot is attached.  

post-201832-0-80928200-1400503640_thumb.

Thanks for responding!  Here are my strange and mixed results:

1.  On my windows 7 desktops (both of the ones I use), with my cursor in the linked text, and pressing ctrl-k, it appears that the URL is definitely missing -- it thinks the address is only "http://"   and invites me to add an address.

2.  On the web version (the newest Chrome version), a new tab opens (as if all is well) but the link goes nowhere because it is unintelligble -- here are the first few characters in the address it thinks is right: "invoke://1,default:0,eyJ1cmkiOiJodHRwOi8vYmVubm9zYnV0dG9ucy5jb20vaW5kZXgucGhwP3JvdXRlPWluZm9ybWF0a"

3.  My BlackBerry 10 is opening all the links perfectly from my BlackBerry 10 evernote app and from the BlackBerry native Remember app, which somewhat integrates with Evernote.

Any ideas?  

Hmmm this has me puzzled. 

Where are you copying these URLs from initially? From the address bar of your browser? 

Not on the windows client myself so I can't test this out.... there's definitely a windows user kickin' around that might have an idea or has encountered this same issue. 

• Level 5*

Not sure what's going on here - let me doublecheck I did this right:  I opened a new note,  copied and pasted the URL from this page into the note,  where it turned into a link (blue, underlined text).  Then skipped to another note and back and tried the link.  I'm now writing this on the new tab that opened up.  Works perfectly,  Win8, Chrome.

Archived