Android UI very clunky?

Hello everyone! 

I'm new to evernote. I've seen the iOS app, as well as the android app.

Am I the only one who thinks the Android app is way more clunky/doesn't have as good of a UX as it's iOS counterpart? What do you think?

Sorry if I've posted in the wrong section!

• Level 5*

Standard answer:  that'd be because they work off of different hard and software,  and have different teams behind them charged with getting the best they can out of their device.  And because iOS is one device and Android come in about a thousand different shapes and frequently bespoke environments.  It's not easy,  being green...

Standard answer:  that'd be because they work off of different hard and software,  and have different teams behind them charged with getting the best they can out of their device.  And because iOS is one device and Android come in about a thousand different shapes and frequently bespoke environments.  It's not easy,  being green...

I really hope that isn't the case, because it's not that there aren't any well designed Android apps! I think there's simply a lack of care/attention to the Android/Windows ecosystem. I could be wrong though.

Does the evernote staff ever come on the forums?

• Level 5*

To what exactly are you taking exception in the Android/ Windows clients?  I tend to have a practical approach to software - I like stuff that works.  Looking nice - except in so far as it doesn't present a cluttered or confusing workspace is somewhere from secondary to 100th.  And Evernote staff do read the posts here but (as it says in my signature) rarely comment on individual cases.

To what exactly are you taking exception in the Android/ Windows clients?  I tend to have a practical approach to software - I like stuff that works.  Looking nice - except in so far as it doesn't present a cluttered or confusing workspace is somewhere from secondary to 100th.  And Evernote staff do read the posts here but (as it says in my signature) rarely comment on individual cases.

I strongly disagree. Evernote right now is extremely cluttered, and coming from a new user, is just hard to use.

I've seen the iOS app (iPhone and iPad) and they both are extremely minimal, yet powerful. They both look amazing as well.

My point is, evernote works so well already. Is there any functionality that you're missing out on? There's nothing wrong with progressing in features as well as design.

Actually, Evernote already has their good design. They just need to put in some effort to apply it to Android as well.

• Level 5*

In other words, you can't describe what you want except in the most general of terms, it sounds like to me. Have you just "seen" the iOS app, or have you actually used it for any appreciable length of time? Pretty apps are not always usable apps. 

Oh, and in strongly disagreeing with gazump's preference, don't forget that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 

Just got out my i touch to look at IOS and my gut reaction is that I like Android better. I disliked the up from the bottom organization and love the sliders deployed in Android.

So this maybe could be personal taste?

Or maybe there is something particular you like?

Just got out my i touch to look at IOS and my gut reaction is that I like Android better. I disliked the up from the bottom organization and love the sliders deployed in Android.

So this maybe could be personal taste?

Or maybe there is something particular you like?

I'm pretty sure it's not personal taste. It's not that I don't like the shade of green, or something subjective like that. Or maybe it is. I don't know. The fact is, the app really annoys me, from the non-standard action bar to the outdated looking icons. The overall feel of the app gives me the impression that less care went into the Android app.

But thanks for your input! I'm not suggesting that I'm absolutely correct, but I'm just putting it out there - I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this.

I feel that the glanceablility of notes is higher on the iOS app - something that's really been annoying me with the Android one.

The attention to detail is another thing that's lacking in the Android app.

Archived