How can I get Notifications?

On Mac desktop client there's a satellite dish icon with a number badge on it. It turns blue when you have unread notifications - click it and you will get a list of who has edited, joined, added or removed notes to a notebook - click on the snippet to got to that note. 

Note that these notifications are synced at the same intervals as you client syncs for notes.

Hope that helps.

• 6 months later...

On Mac desktop client there's a satellite dish icon with a number badge on it. It turns blue when you have unread notifications - click it and you will get a list of who has edited, joined, added or removed notes to a notebook - click on the snippet to got to that note. 

Note that these notifications are synced at the same intervals as you client syncs for notes.

Hope that helps.

My satellite is no longer showing me the little number of notifications I have to see. The updates are listed but it would be nice to see that number back. Any ideas of why the number is no longer there?

Hope that helps.

I used to get notifications, but they don't seem to be working the same way. I have a shared notebooks. I had a co-worker add some noted, but I didn't get the notification. It lists my additions, modifications and actions, but those of others. Did something happen with the last update, perhaps?

I am seeing the same problem with Ver 6.0 and OSx 10.10.1. I am not receiving notifications even though the note is updated. My company have over 3,000 shared notes, proper notifications are a must, there is simply no way to know if someone has updated an important note. Notifications were PERFECT until Ver. 6 which was updated over the weekend.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bob

Removing the number of new notifications next to the little satellite icon makes the notifications way too subtle. It used to be impossible to miss the fact that there were new notifications. Now I didn't even realize I had notifications until I read this thread and realized that the only indicator is that the little icon turns from black to blue.

Pardon me for stating the obvious, but shouldn't a function called "notifications" by design be an attention-getter? I don't need a bell or a whistle or a dancing clown at the top of my screen, but an actual meaningful notification would be crucial.

Here's how the brain works... the reticular activating system is the mechanism in our brain that notices when something has CHANGED and it draws our attention there. The alternating absence and then appearance of the number on the notifications icon WAS THE THING that drew the attention of the reticular activating system, which means the alert was effective. Now there is no marked difference in the appearance of the icon, which means it no longer functions as an effective notifications alert.  

I seriously question the logic behind a lot of the decisions in this new release. It seems that important, USEFUL and widely loved functionalities and features have been removed, important and wished-for features have still not been implemented, and yet NEW features with questionable value have been introduced.

Do the developers actually *use* the product? One wonders.  

I prefer the # next to the icon as well, but that is minor compared to the fact that I am not getting the notifications at all. I see when I make changes, but not when a team member makes an addition or change. I used to get those, but am not any longer. This is a critical!

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived