What does this icon do?

I have EN premium.  I'm trying to make better use of the mobility features.  I've learned how to download a notebook for offline use (I presume changes made to a note would be synced, right?) but on my Android phone I notice an icon that I don't recognize.  At the bottom of the "notebooks" list is an icon that looks like a down arrow pointing into a tray.  What does this icon do and what does it represent?

Thanks for the help.

Wayne

• Level 5*

Well, having just tapped it to find out,  it appears to be an 'offline notebook' menu - tap the icon to see what notebooks you currently have selected for offline..  the next screen shows you all the notebooks with the same greyed out icon on the left.  Tap the grey icon and it turns solid - and the selected notebook is now offline.

I wonder if it does anything else or is just a shortcut for the offline sync option.  My EN structure is a little complex and I didn't want to lose anything by hitting an icon I didn't recognize.  To enable offline synchronizing I have been tapping each notebook on the far right and selecting to enable sync from the menu that pops up.  Apparently this icon just makes it easier to select a number of notebooks to enable or disable as the case may be.

Thanks for the reply.

• 8 months later...
  • Level 5*

Hi David - as described,  you can choose which notebooks to have available offline.  To exclude a notebook,  simply switch this option off.  I find it better to have a specific 'mobile' notebook and move notes in and out of it as necessary;  travel documents while I'm travelling, meeting notes until they happen etc etc.

Archived