Bug: Evernote 5 doesn't keep track of the URL

marc

I gave a try to Evernote 5. If I copy-paste a text from Firefox or if I send it from the Web clipper extension, the URL is not put automatically into the note.

Evernote 4 did that very well.

I use Evernote 4 because v.5 still has bugs.

• Level 5*

I see the copy/paste operation working fine in V5 (5.4.0.3593), FireFox 27.01. The URL can be seen by clicking on the info button in the toolbar at the top of the note panel.

V4 still has bugs, too. But they're guaranteed never to be fixed. You still have a shot with V5.

Well, this means someone from Evernote should investigate this bug, since it's not present in every user's experience. In my case, the only thing that changed is the switch to Evernote 5.

• Level 5*

Well, this means someone from Evernote should investigate this bug, since it's not present in every user's experience. In my case, the only thing that changed is the switch to Evernote 5.

Well, if you want Evernote support, then you should open a support request.
  • Level 5*

If it's not present for every user,  it's not a bug; and it's virtually impossible for Evernote to investigate something that only affects certain users,  unless those individuals raise support tickets...

• Level 5*

If it's not present for every user,  it's not a bug;

Gotta disagree with you on that one -- individual users can have local differences in installations, settings, etc. Doesn't make it easier to diagnose, but it's still a bug, all things being equal (i.e. identical steps to reproduce).

Archived