jdcha

Merging notes without each note being separated by gigantic headers

Idea

Hi is there a way to merge notes without having gigantic headers between each note?  I like to save pieces of information while studying into evernote so I can merge them later for review... but when I merge them... it's kind of ridiculous with these gigantic headers taking up most of the space of the new merged note.

Please help.

• Like 4

17 replies to this idea

Not currently possible. Only less-than-ideal workarounds such as copy and pasting, or exporting to a series of PDFs and merging the PDFs in an external application. 

Agreed the big title that gets inserted when merging notes is a bit... over the top. Toning this down or making it optional/configurable would be ideal. 

• Like 1

Hi is there a way to merge notes without having gigantic headers between each note?  I like to save pieces of information while studying into evernote so I can merge them later for review... but when I merge them... it's kind of ridiculous with these gigantic headers taking up most of the space of the new merged note.

Please help.

AFAIK, there is no way to avoid this,  I merge notes all the time & find while it's a bit annoying, it's not all that difficult or time consuming to remove any offending headers/lines/spacing.

I would like an option to disable this automatic header or at least some control over how its created.  I take a lot of screenshots with evernote and will then merge them together later into a single note.  Its a real pain to have to remove half a dozen headers especially with large images in them.  Having some option to control this or a checkbox when you've selected multiple notes.

• Like 1

Sorry to res an old thread, but just checking to see if any attention has been given to this?  The huge headers are annoying. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Brad_I said:

Sorry to res an old thread, but just checking to see if any attention has been given to this?  The huge headers are annoying. 

In the new Windows release in Tools - Options you can select what you want between the notes.

The merge header feature is a bit difficult to find. Here are the steps needed to find it.

>Tools 
>Options 
Click on the "Show advanced options" box at the bottom left
>Note
Scroll down to "Note merge options"

My preference is:
"Merge notes with rule separator"

• Like 4

Could we have these options in the Mac version too? Please?

48 minutes ago, tardis said:

Could we have these options in the Mac version too? Please?

You should ask that in the Mac Product Feedback forum...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jbenson2 said:

The merge header feature is a bit difficult to find. Here are the steps needed to find it.

>Tools 
>Options 
Click on the "Show advanced options" box at the bottom left
>Note
Scroll down to "Note merge options"

My preference is:
"Merge notes with rule separator"

Thanks.  I couldn't find this until I updated.  Working well now.  

• Like 1

In the newest Windows version you can go to Tools - Options - Note and change the Note merge options.

ScreenClip.png

• Like 1

Thats cool I will use when in my company office, are you rolling this out for Mac, as this is what I use most of the time. Merging on iOS would be super useful too.

3 minutes ago, TomAshworth said:

Thats cool I will use when in my company office, are you rolling this out for Mac, as this is what I use most of the time. Merging on iOS would be super useful too.

Not an EN employee so don't know if this is on the drawing board for Mac or IOS.  Glad this works in the office at least.

So in October 2016 Windows users have this feature but in 2018 Mac users don’t ? Is that really right ? Ive checked through the menus and I cannot see the ability to change the appearance of the merged note headers. A rule sparator would be fanststic or no separator. Come on Evernote I don’t want to have to badger you on Twitter.