Backside of Business Cards

When will EN give users the ability to add the backside of business cards?  Or can someone suggest a good work around for this?  I've come up with these ideas, though none of these really work for me:

1. Create two business card notes and label them (1) and (2).  This is annoying and not intuitive.
  2. Scan the frontside and backside and create a separate note.  Then link this into the business card note with just the frontside scanned.  However, I can't get a direct link.  I can only get the URL posted in the card note section.

Also, a way to batch scan a bunch of card images would be helpful.  And, dare I ask, for a way to create these card notes via the desktop client!

• Level 5*

Hi. I've got the same problem. Most of my business cards are multi-lingual and have two sides. My workaround is to continue using the "document" camera. If you use the "card" camera, I'd do two cards for one person. GrumpyMonkey (front) and GrumpyMonkey (back). The second option isn't ideal, but you just have to emember to link them (a note link) and not to write data into the back-side card.

I tried the note link, but it doesn't show up as a clickable link.  It's just text, that I would need to copy/paste into a browser.  Using a document camera is less ideal for me, since I'm trying to integrate the card to my iOS devices.

For now, I'll just continue on with my Option 1, much like what you summarized, until EN takes notice of this request.

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*

Here's how to enter the back side of a business card:

Create the business card note like you normally would (select Camera > Business Card, and snap the front of the card).  Tell it you're "Done".

Now select to open the card.  Click the upper-right Edit button.  Scroll ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM of the screen, and you'll see the option, "Add Back of Card".  Click it and the camera will be activated for you to snap a photo of the backside.  (Note that no image recognition is done on the back; it just captures the image.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

I should also mention, in addition to the above instructions, that the Scansnap Evernote Edition scanner will automatically scan and capture both sides of a business card - it's quite nice IMO.

phils,

Thanks for the tutorial!  I didn't think to try editing after I created the note. 

I have the normal Scansnap, so no super cool integration to EN for me.  However, the next step is to allow business card notes creation on the desktop client.  Then I can maximize my Scansnap to EN!

• 1 year later...

I have tried Phils suggestion however when I scan the front of card and Save then select Done and open the scanned card there is no Edit option on the top righy or anywhere else for that matter. so I cannot add the back of the card. ? I'm running Premium 5.9.6.9494

5 hours ago, Cephas said:

when I scan the front of card and Save then select Done and open the scanned card there is no Edit option on the top righy or anywhere else

I'm like Cephas, desperately trying to add a few business cards backsides. I have both an Android phone and Iphone, none of them can.

I remember using this feature a few months ago. Did it disappear ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/01/2016 at 3:17 PM, YAG said:

I'm like Cephas, desperately trying to add a few business cards backsides. I have both an Android phone and Iphone, none of them can.

I remember using this feature a few months ago. Did it disappear ?

Me too. I was very fan of Evernote app which just needed to press <Edit> and then add the backside, from current version seems the "Edit" key disappeared from the app. Would like to have this function back.

On 2/1/2016 at 10:53 PM, annah said:

@caq05630 This feature isn't yet available on Android, but you should be able to do it on iPhone. Can you provide a screenshot of where you're not seeing the 'Edit' button on iOS? Thanks!

When this feature to scan both sides of the card will be available on Android?

And it will be good to have the ability to attach any image to business-card note.

Just worked how to get this working n iPhone with assistance of Anna from EN. On the iPhone you have to open the note from the "All Notes List" instead of the  home screen and once you do that you then get to see the Edit option. For some strange reason the edit option does not appear when you open the note from the home screen which makes sense but that's the way it is. The edit function is not available on Mac or Windows, only on iPhone.

• Ex Employees

Hi all, just to clarify - the fact that you can't see the 'Edit' button when opening a note from the home screen is a bug. The fix for this should be out in the next couple releases, allowing you to edit under all circumstances, but for now you'll need to open the note from the 'All Notes List'. If anyone can't see the 'Edit' button when opening from 'All Notes', let me know right away. Thanks!

1 hour ago, annah said:

Hi all, just to clarify - the fact that you can't see the 'Edit' button when opening a note from the home screen is a bug. The fix for this should be out in the next couple releases, allowing you to edit under all circumstances, but for now you'll need to open the note from the 'All Notes List'. If anyone can't see the 'Edit' button when opening from 'All Notes', let me know right away. Thanks!

is that only for iOS users? what about Android?

• Ex Employees

@Dmitri Yes, the above is only for iOS users - as I mentioned, this feature is not yet available on Android. We are considering implementing it in the future, but I don't have a timeframe for when that will be. 

13 hours ago, annah said:

Thank you! 

I would never have guessed this could be a bug. What a relief, I thought I was going crazy or senile. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am also very interested in this!

Most of the business cards I have are in English on one side, and Chinese on the other side. I will lose half of the business card if I cannot get both sides.

• 1 month later...

Thank you Phil for the walk through. My current issue with the system is that there doesn't seem to be a way to turn off camera flash when adding the back of the card (this is easy to do when you create the card in the first place). Not sure if I'm missing something or if this really isn't possible, but if it's the latter, this feature should definitely be added.

• 2 weeks later...

Please add a "camera" button to snap the backside of a business card at once, instead of having to go back into the card and adding the backside at the bottom later on. It would be a great efficiency improvement. If it's already possible and I missed it, please let me know how it's done. Thank you!

• 4 months later...
  • Level 5*

There is a new Evernote for iOS beta release as of yesterday which adds back the ability to edit fields on a business card note after you've snapped a photo of it, and also adds back the ability to add a photo of the back of the business card.

• Ex Employees

Hey folks, this feature will be back in 8.2, that we hope to release in the next week or two. If you're already a member of the beta community, as mentioned by @phils, you should be able to get a version of 8.2 today! 

15 minutes ago, annah said:

Hey folks, this feature will be back in 8.2, that we hope to release in the next week or two. If you're already a member of the beta community, as mentioned by @phils, you should be able to get a version of 8.2 today! 

Hi! And what about Android users and backside of the cards?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived