Sync problems across all devices

I'm finding odd things occurring.  Two notebooks that I opened on my laptop (Windows 8 Chrome) out of 44 simply will not download to my Android phone or Samsung tablet.  I've checked notebook properties on both of them, and they are both showing synchronized, and I can't figure out how to make them show up on the other devices.  I actually thought I had solved the problem without knowing how, because I think that a few days ago those two notebooks showed up on my phone, but they are gone again.

I also find that one document which I downloaded as a pdf to my Samsung tablet and shared to Evernote by making a new note is not syncing to the other devices.  How do I get this to work? 

Third thing - I've downloaded some owner's manuals into Evernote.  They show up as manuals on the laptop, but show up as only attachments on the other devices, and take forever to load.  Can I fix this?

Yes, I've manually synced several times.  

I've done everything I know to do to fix this problem.  Can someone walk me through other options?

• Level 5*

First,  your desktop doesn't directly sync to your Android devices,  it syncs to the web server first;  so the check you need to do is to look at your database via the browser version and check your notebooks have synced.  You might have exceeded your upload limit,  so its worth a check of that online as well,  though I'd expect you would have been seeing more specific warnings if you had.

Second,  Android devices don't 'download' notebooks or notes - the local storage often isn't big enough to hold all your data.  That also could be a reason for you not being able to 'see' the extra notebooks on your devices - is there enough storage to hold the index data information you're trying to consult?

Re your tablet sync issue - again check on the web - can you see that notebook there?  Failing to upload could again be a question of exceeding your note size or upload limits.

And on the PDFs showing as attachments,  that's how this works - again because you can't download all your stuff to a mobile device;  there's not enough storage.  They'll show as icons unless you choose to download the whole PDF temporarily.

If you have continuing problems I'd suggest a support ticket (see below) since this is a user forum and we don't have access to the server information like the Support Guys do.

• 5 months later...

Hello All:

Just thought I would pass this along as it may be relevant. I was having issues with some notes not being pushed to the server from my MAC.  These were mainly PDF files I had added to EN via the "Open With" function in Finder.  All other content Sync'd but these did not.  After much reading, I was still not able to resolve the issue.  It turns out that all I had to do was change the Note title.  After doing that, the items sync'd perfectly.

Hope this helps.

• Level 5*

Hello All:

Just thought I would pass this along as it may be relevant. I was having issues with some notes not being pushed to the server from my MAC.  These were mainly PDF files I had added to EN via the "Open With" function in Finder.  All other content Sync'd but these did not.  After much reading, I was still not able to resolve the issue.  It turns out that all I had to do was change the Note title.  After doing that, the items sync'd perfectly.

Hope this helps.

Was that because you had invalid characters in the title / it was too long..??

Archived